moves his hands aside revealing his face...

C.G.Ayling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cgayling.com
Greetings to you all.

My true name is Charles and I am a thorny old man. I have dwelled in the house of mortal men for fifty one years now. Some of joy, too many of pain. Little have I learnt in that time, and the lesson to hold my tongue is not among the few I have mastered. My wife of half my life has bestowed upon me four children, progeny most fine. Of them two exceed the age of majority and two do not. My youngest, and forever my baby, is an aunt herself and proud of that exalted status. Eden, her niece, serves me well as inspiration and is largely featured in perhaps the only other thing I have ever created, something I will not name but which lies silently beckoning from below, beneath a fine black line.

And that, is the face upon which you chose to gaze, your motive likely not to read but, as mine, to respond and in so doing to step one rung higher on the ladder of fifty steps we all climb.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

C.G.Ayling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cgayling.com
Regdog, you are a man after my own heart.

"Help preserve our classic literature. Don't buy books edited to be politically correct!!! "

What an eloquent sentiment! I have just been ranting (something I am prone to do) in another thrtead about that very thing.

lorna_w

Hybrid Grump
Registered
Reaction score
Heya. Not a spring chicken myself, also new here, and welcome

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?
You do have a way with words...lol
If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

urbanmum

Village Vagabond
Registered
Reaction score
As the those first fifty rungs are far behind me I'm sure you'll understand that my motive was indeed, to read, as well as to respond with a hearty Welcome!
Now that I've seen your face, I'm sure we will meet again.

C.G.Ayling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cgayling.com
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?
You do have a way with words...lol
If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Thank you oh thorny one!

Sadly if my years had taught me anything it is that I am not quite as wise as I thought I was before I came into that wisdom.

But I will strive to delay begging for aid, sorely needed though it is.

I like my popcorn... plain. and you?

Last edited:

C.G.Ayling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cgayling.com
Hi there Charles, and welcome to AW. I'm 55 already, but don't consider myself old. Being a teacher & being around youngsters helps, I think.

Nickie

Hello Nickie. In some trepidation at being labeled a chauvinist (nothing could be further from the truth) here is a joke I use to break the ice.

A man is as old as the woman he feels.

By that count I am now a spritely 46. J since this thread is to introduce myself I am happy to drop these little clues.

All jests aside I don’t “feel” any differently than I did at 21, sadly my creaking bones don’t agree with my mind on this subject.

C.G.Ayling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
cgayling.com
As the those first fifty rungs are far behind me I'm sure you'll understand that my motive was indeed, to read, as well as to respond with a hearty Welcome!
Now that I've seen your face, I'm sure we will meet again.

Wow! I am not much of a film buff, but I have to say that the picture you use for an avatar is strikingly beautiful, I will look forward to seeing it again :).