Possibly the laziest Newbie ever

FabricatedParadise

Can be bribed with circus peanuts
Registered
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

My name is Eden. I actually signed up here last October, but was a bit daunted by the number of active posters. I dipped a toe into this secion and decided to wait to create my "Hey it's me" post until I had something witty and catchy to say. Obviously I gave up! I've just been lurking all this time.

Well it's time, so...

Hey it's me!

I'm 27, living in sunny (translation: hot!) Florida. I'm a full-time student (English major) with the ultimate goal of teaching at the college level (as a backup plan to publication of course).

I write anything that appeals to me, but my current project is YA paranormal. My first love was Adult Romance and we've had a torrid affair since I was 13. Lately I've been enamored with the darker stuff.

I'm really just hoping to connect with other writers, like-minded and not, though I do still find the board a bit scary in its size. Would anyone care to show me around?

Eden

I think that about covers it. Have I said too much? It's only going to get worse from here. Like most writers, I tend to be rather wordy.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

TLPhillps

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the general public, and don't worry, as long as you don't feed us we won't bite. Well most of us won't anyway! If you need help don't hesitate to send me a message I'll do the best I can to help. Good Luck and Happy Writing.

(I may be new but I've spent a lot of time searching the site!)

WriterCampbell

demented but nice
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'm in the same boat as you, never really made a thread. I read and learn more than I post and who knew that it would take me a year to warm up to posting?

Anyways, welcome, hope to see you around!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

JinxVelox

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Eden. I definitely enjoy reading paranormal stories.

FabricatedParadise

Registered
Reaction score
Aww thanks guys! I look forward to getting to know you all and the site! I have a handful of local writer friends who would tell you I love to talk shop. I enjoy discussing different perspectives and learning new things about myself and my work.

I also LOVE reading other's work and offering feedback. I tried to start up a writer's circle locally, but life is busy we were never able to agree on regular meet times. Oh well. Now I have you guys, haha!

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com
Hello and welcome. Don't be scared by the size of this board. If there's a thread on one of your interests feel free to drop in to the conversation. People here are pretty welcoming, on the whole.

urbanmum

Village Vagabond
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!

I understand your apprehension as I went through it myself. There is a lot of information here and so many places to visit.
One way to feel more comfortable is by checking out the Writing Prompts (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33) section. There are a lot of word games and such going on that you can just jump right into and get to know a few people. Office Party (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29) is great for that as well.
You can also check out the board for the genre of whatever project you're working on at the moment. (YA is here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117) Or you can check the New Posts (http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/search.php?searchid=20952058) and see what current conversations you may have something to add to.

Well, I hope that a helped a little!
See you around :cool:

Mclesh

It's too hot
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.storyrhyme.com
Welcome, Eden!

(Not sure about the laziest part as I'm pretty lazy and had my account for over a year before posting anything.) I guess we can be lazy together. :)

FabricatedParadise

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Eden!

(Not sure about the laziest part as I'm pretty lazy and had my account for over a year before posting anything.) I guess we can be lazy together. :)

Ok, you definitely beat me out, but only by about a month and a half :)

I would LOVE to be lazy with you. It's always more fun to be lazy with someone than alone.