Hello Everyone

TAR11

Banned
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I recently completed work on my first novel and am currently working on the second. Great to be here.

Western Writer

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on your first completed novel and best of luck on the second. Great feeling when you type (or keyboard) that concluding sentence.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, Tar. I'm usually silly or facetious in welcome posts, but today I feel more reflective. Will you share with us one thing you learned in the writing of the novel? Just one. It doesn't even have to be the most important, just something that you didn't realize or understand until you were actually writing the novel.

Maryn, shaking hands

TAR11

Banned
Reaction score
Hi Maryn, the one thing that really took me by surprise while I was writing was how difficult it was to explain and connect ideas that I had planned on for so long. I didn't really recognize just how hard it could be to string together a plot that had been a series of disjointed events in my head without seeming episodic. I learned to make the events flow smoothly eventually, but I struggled at first and it may even show.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. :) Congrats on finishing a novel. It's a great feeling to have the first one under your belt. Once you know you can do it, you can do it again and again.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the 'forum jump' you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. After you post 50 posts you can use the SYW areas to get help there. The password for some of the areas is…..vista. A word to the wise, it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

dazzlejazz

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and well done on the novel! I'm still at that stage of trying to piece all those ideas together!

melnve

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! Congratulations on finishing your first novel, I finished my first not long ago and am now in the miserable editing stage.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

lufftocraft

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the first book! Hope to see your work someday!