Hello! Another new guy here!

DarkenedByNight

Registered
Reaction score
Hi! I have been lurking in these boards off and on for about a year. I figured it was time to create an account. I read through the newbie guide and I am working my way through the other stickies.

I write every thing from poems to horror...I just have some problems finishing what I start. I also have to learn to read like a writer. I am hoping to use this site to help improve my writing and hopefully the writing of others too.

And if any of my post like wacky, it is due to having to use my phone for all my internet needs. My laptop has a virus that is being stubborn.

Look forward to getting to know you guys!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

DarkenedByNight

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to active status. Hope the phone thing works out. I've been using my phone to post for the last week plus, and it's convoluted but doable.

It is doable but my big fingers and the touchscreen keyboard are not allways on the same page.

Thanks for the welcomes guy and gals!

Lady MacBeth

Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I hope your laptop gets well soon.

MaureenA

Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, how do you write then?

I hope my laptop never breaks *clings* good luck with yours!

Also, hello! I can hardly 'welcome' you, since I've only just got off the lurky train myself, but it's definitely nice to meet you.

DarkenedByNight

Registered
Reaction score
Yikes, how do you write then?

I hope my laptop never breaks *clings* good luck with yours!

Also, hello! I can hardly 'welcome' you, since I've only just got off the lurky train myself, but it's definitely nice to meet you.

Well when I was growing up we had these things called pen and paper. I made a trip to the local Target and they still sell them! J/k

I use my iPhone to write for now. I am in the planning and research stage so it is not too bad. It looks like I am going to have to shell out some money to have my laptop looked at by a pro.:(

It is great to meet you though and every one else on these forums.

Shaba

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, I hope you success in all future endeavors.