Not a newbie writer, but def. a newbie cooler dweller

only_zuul

<3 jennontheisland
Registered
Reaction score
This is where I say "hey" instead of just butting in. So, "hey".

As the topic says, I'm not a newbie writer (I've been writing since forever and publishing since April 2006) but I've never bothered to register for an AW account before now. After I found myself browsing the AW forum a few times a day over the last month, I figured I should...not go for it, but e-mail a friend for the scoop. (Thank you jennontheisland)

I'm actively writing (shopping a full-length paranormal / uf romance to agents, waiting on word from my editor about a recent submission, all that good stuff) and in the market to expand my "networking with other writers" horizons.

I write short, novella-length and more recently novel-length fiction in between gestating my first child (currently, the most exhausting WIP on my plate). Yesterday my husband and I had Chinese for lunch and the flimsy paper "Chinese Zodiac" placemat described me (a Sheep) as preferring anonymity. I realized the Sheep description was accurate so for the moment, I'm going anonymous.

Um, also, "There is no Peter, there is only Zuul" is my favorite media quote EVAR.

Pre-emptive nice to meet you. :)

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
I write short, novella-length and more recently novel-length fiction in between gestating my first child (currently, the most exhausting WIP on my plate).

Wait 'til you hit sequels (-:

Welcome to AW.

-Suzanne

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages.They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Don’t forget to read the FAQ regarding posting pictures at AW.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

only_zuul

<3 jennontheisland
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome! When are you due? I am gestating as well so I feel your pain (and desire for a daily 3 hour nap).

December 17. :) My desire for a daily 3 hour nap sometimes results in Bad Things, like me being awake and e-mailing my editor at 2 a.m. (I really need to stop that.)

You?

(And a big Thank You to the remainder of the welcomes... I like my popcorn with butter and salt sometimes, and plain w/ tabasco sauce others.)

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Aw. I hope you enjoy your stay :D

xx

sonyablue

Registered
Reaction score
Website
unusualincident.wordpress.com
December 17. :) My desire for a daily 3 hour nap sometimes results in Bad Things, like me being awake and e-mailing my editor at 2 a.m. (I really need to stop that.)

You?

(And a big Thank You to the remainder of the welcomes... I like my popcorn with butter and salt sometimes, and plain w/ tabasco sauce others.)

Ha!

I'm February 3, so I've got a ways to go. It's my second, though, so I have an idea of what to expect, and I'm trying to take it easy this time.

Mmmm...popcorn with butter...

Noob Saibot

Registered
Reaction score
only zuul,

Welcome to Absolute Writer.

I believe all writers are new, simply because we should never stop learning.

v/Respectfully,
Noob Saibot