So here goes nothing....

AngieBelle

Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys! My name is Angela, and I've been writing since I was a little kid who had no concept of plot. (I have a story saved on the computer that I wrote at age 6 in which a princess has dinner, plays with her friend, visits a farm, and basically nothing happens.) Throughout my childhood, I made a handful of my own little books and stories just for fun.

I completed a course with the Institute for Children's Literature, and I also took creative writing in high school.

I love to read and devour juvenile fiction, particularly historical stories. I want to be able to write historical fiction, but I'm intimidated by all the research and details involved in it.

I've had a lot of false starts, unfinished stories, and a lack of motivation. I'm joining this group in hopes that it will keep me writing more. I had intended to write a short story a month this year, but I'm faltering. I have so much trouble coming up with plots. I can come up with concepts, incidents, interesting settings....but when it comes to conflict and resolution, my brain has cobwebs!

My goal is to one day finally complete something of novel length! And my ultimate dream is to become a published children's author. I don't care if I ever make much money from it. I just want to be able to walk into a bookstore in the future and see my own work right there on the shelf. How amazing that would feel!

Mandiloo322

[Shhhh....I'm writing.]
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Good luck!

You have an impressive goal - I've always had trouble with short stories because I get caught up in the whole "save-the-world" plot that tends to go on for more than 3,000 words...

MMConway

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Glad to have you join us!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Noob Saibot

Registered
Reaction score
AngieBelle,

Welcome to Absolute Writer.

That is quite funny about your story. reminds me of a few stories my little sister wrote I found not to long ago. They had no real plot behind them, we all need to start some where.

v/Respectfully,
Noob Saibot

AlanF

Think Positive
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vodpod.com
Welcome, Angela...Best Wishes with your writing goals.

AngieBelle

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Lately I've been doing a lot of kids poems on my creative writing blog. It often takes a while for me to come up with stories!