Hello, I'm new! :)

pinknpurple101

Mandy Isabella
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

My name is Mandy Isabella McCool, and I just signed up for Absolute Write. So, I guess I'll just take this time to introduce myself :)

I'm nineteen, and I have been writing for as long as I can remember. I've had several poems published into anthologies for young Americans, but my real passion is with writing novels and short stories. I'm currently writing a series of books, and soon I will be ready to publish them.

Unfortunately, I was almost duped into giving the first book of my series to a certain online "publisher" (if you can even call them that!) It took a very special lady to help me see that they were one of the biggest frauds to walk the earth, and I know a good thing or two about frauds. Thankfully, with the fact that I only sent them the first three chapters and an outline, I was able to escape their greedy, money-hungry clutches with my book! In a world where it seems that everyone is only concerned with their own wellbeing, I was pleasantly surprised to see that there is still honest and caring people out there.

Well, I guess I'll stop boring you guys now :) I just wanted to say hello and tell a bit about myself. Talk to you later.

Dog

I am not a dog.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Mandy! :)

SJL

Party Crasher
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and I'm glad you were given a Fraud Alert and didn't fall prey to an unethical "publisher."

Gillhoughly

Grumpy writer and editor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Getting blitzed at Gillhoughly's Reef, Haleakaloha
:welcome:

Check around and see if that fake publisher is mentioned in the AW Background Checks forum. If so, then we'll want to know about your experience with them!

You'll find lots to like about this place! :D

giamanry

Professional Geek
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.georgiamanry.com
I'm new too! Just joined up today :) I used to be a regular member at the WritersWeekly forums, but then I had to go disappear for a bit (full-time work, moving, etc.) and when I got back it had become pretty idle, so when I stumbled on AbsoluteWrite while researching something else, I thought I'd give it a try!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Figuro

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the cooler,

Eeeeek! That was a very close call there, glad you managed to save face and avoid losing your work. Best of luck with the publishing of your series.

MMConway

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Glad to have you join us.