Hi, it's Georges and, yes, I'm new here. Thanks for having me.

Georges

An ape collecting stars in a puddle
Registered
Reaction score
Bordentown, NJ - Trenton without the bullet holes
Hi. I have finally begun to write in earnest. An FB friend of mine recommended this site. He has published multiple works of fiction and teaches creative writing. I trust his judgment and hope to find some kindred spirits here.

I am working on several different pieces, but I actually made it to the writing part of my first novel. That's right, the part that comes after bleeding around 100,000 words of beginning, middle and end into my computer. I'm in the actual writing phase now, killing 'very', 'rather', ';', adverbs ending in 'ly' (and replacing the verbs they modify with better ones), and whatnot. That ought to take out about 20% or so of unnecessary words.

By then, I should know my characters well enough to get their dialogue right - each character with a personality, style, quirks, etc.

Remind me again why I'm doing this ...

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

TerraAnn

Alias: Anastasia Beaverhausen ;)
Registered
Reaction score
Website
terraannpitre.webs.com
:welcome: Your FB friend was right. This is one of the best places for a writer to be. There's so much helpful information and you can really grow as a writer here. From advice, to brutal honestly, to just all around great feedback...you won't find a better group of people. You can make some good friends here. Best of luck with the writing and hope to see ya around more on this board :)

Figuro

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

You do it because you love it.... love to write and create characters, worlds, etc. Best of luck with your cut throat editing.

Georges

An ape collecting stars in a puddle
Registered
Reaction score
Bordentown, NJ - Trenton without the bullet holes
Thanks everyone. I feel like I'll find some kindred spirits here for sure. I do love to write - always have. Mostly, I like telling stories in any number of ways: pictures, music, words, etc. For me, creativity is about exploration and discovery, and bringing back a good tale.

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
Hi there Georges, welcome to AW and I hope you're able to glean a lot from this site! Best wishes with your writing pursuits!