Excited and Nervous

plain and simple

Taking it all in.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all the people who kindly spend time in the Introductions greeting the new folks! You're the kind of people that really do make the world a better place, so thank YOU for that!

A whirlwind of recent events, and years of past experiences, are what brought me to AW. I don't believe in coincidences but I do believe in timing being a key proponent for turning down a new road. If anything, I've learned to recognize when the time is right.

I won't bore you with more but I do look forward to chatting and learning more about others I meet as I walk this new road. I'm not without some knowledge and experience, but I'm open to learning from everyone else's experiences, which, really, is why I'm here.

You'll find me in the blogging forum in the beginning. Stop by and say hello! Right now, I'm knee-deep in the sticky posts and search function.

Can't wait to talk with you! I need your experience and expertise!

MercyMe

Registered
Reaction score
Hello plain and simple. Welcome! Kudos to you for wading through the sticky posts. I was too impatient. Good luck on your road!

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to the water cooler, plain and simple. Stickies are a good place to begin. Be sure to check out the FAQs almost midway down the first category called "Welcome to the Water Cooler". The answer to almost any question you have can be found there. I spend a lot of time there going back through the old threads.

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
Welcome aboard! You'll get plenty of good advice and relevant information here. Have fun looking around and getting to know the folks!

plain and simple

Taking it all in.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome and kind words everyone. It's a bit overwhelming right now because there's so much information here. Looking forward to diving into the forums soon!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score

plain and simple

Taking it all in.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks bluntforcetrauma. I'm nervous because this is a huge step in a new direction for me after a decade of hermithood in Rutsville.

plain and simple

Taking it all in.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Lainey!

P.S. I like chocolate milk, too! Just tried the Chocolate Malt flavor from Kemps. :Thumbs:

plain and simple

Taking it all in.
Registered
Reaction score
LOL If I'd known there was a party, I'd have brought a cake! :Cake: Thanks Jamie!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

plain and simple

Taking it all in.
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Amber, Nickie and Figuro!

Thanks Wendy! I do plan to check out those areas as well as all the others. Sharing my work isn't even close to the first thing on my mind. From the few times I've received that advice, I take it that there are those who join and hop right in, saying, "Read this and let me know what you think!"

Yikes. That would be like passing the new girl at work in the hall and saying hello. The next thing you know she walks right into your house and says, "Hiya pal! When's dinner? Oh, while you're making mine, can I borrow your car for a quick errand?"