Hi all

JeanniGrace

Word Nerd
Registered
Reaction score
I'm Jeanni and I'm a storyteller. I've been telling and writing stories for all of my 19 years to anyone who would listen or read them. I have started probably over half a dozen novels and not finished any of them, but I never give up, so I just keep writing new ones. I'm a native of Brooklyn, NY, going to college in DC, and my mom and I recently moved out to rural Missouri to live with my dad and his family. It's a wibbly wobbly mess.

My current work in progress involves a seventeen year old girl named Serendipity, affectionately known as Dip, who discovers she's been living a lie. Since she was 6 she believed her parents were dead, killed in a taxicab accident in Midtown. But now she discovers that they've actually been living in Faerieland, because she and her family are the royal family of the faeries. At first it seems Dip's problems are limited to how to tell her boyfriend Danny and how to get along with parents she barely remembers, but then someone takes a shot at her. Someone tries to kidnap her brothers. And someone does kidnap her parents. There's family drama, a shape shifting dog, romance, romantic turbulence, magic, and treachery. It's still untitled and I only have the first 28,000 words written, but I've got an outline this time!

I write YA fantasy, urban and modern fantasy, and I have a SNI that's historical fiction fluttering about my head. I devour almost any kind of book that I can get my hands on, especially out here without anything else to do.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Figuro

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the cooler.

Just a hint - you need not call it 'Faerieland' as it's mostly referred to as Faerie and the Fey inhabit Faerie. Best of luck with your WIP.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I'm Jeanni ....

I write YA fantasy, urban and modern fantasy, and I have a SNI that's historical fiction fluttering about my head. I devour almost any kind of book that I can get my hands on, especially out here without anything else to do.

Have you been to :
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202289&page=463
For anyone over 18, writing for YA :D
Or
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=214956&page=56
if you are a teen writing YA;)

AlanF

Think Positive
Registered
Reaction score
Website
vodpod.com
Welcome, JeanniGrace...Best Wishes with your writing goals.

JeanniGrace

Word Nerd
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! In my story the english word for it is faerieland, that's just the way I wanted it to be. They also refer to it as Tir Na nOg, and Alfheim depending on where the character's from.