Is There a Just Hit Send for June?

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Did I miss the JHS for June thread? I haven't been over here in ages but wanted to check in since I have something new going on. I've been focusing on Demand and Examiner and some print work (I contribute to Animal Wellness pretty regularly now), but I just got accepted into prep for an About.com topic. I so so so hope I get the position! It's very competitive, from what I've read, but I'll give it my best shot.

Hopefully there is no thread because everyone else is busy with good things!

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Nope. There wasn't one set up at all. Great to see you ink! :)

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Good to be back! I got really busy, but wandered back over now that I'm in the running for an About.com position. Wanted to pick up all the pointers I could. How goes it with you?

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Ink! Good luck on About.com. I'm going to apply to one too. For teen advice.
Shout outs to the Bajaffe and Jenn. lol I'm doing well. Blogging for a parenting site and did a revamp of my portfolio. I began writing about hot topics that I feel strongly about once a week to keep my writing fresh and still working on The Freshman Writer. I did pitch a speaking and presentation class to a photography school that has a teen program. My pal's son is in it and I went to an exhibit and found that some of the kids were nervous. That was last week and I gave in my biz card. Hoping it'll pan out. I wrote about it because I was stepping out of my comfort zone. lol
Still working on the day job. And debating whether or not I want to join the socialmoms.com network. They have calls for bloggers and pay more per blogpost than what I make now for the parenting site. And the parenting site requested double the posts per month so I'm making more money. Not too bad. lol :) I've got other stresses with kiddo and his father (took him to court for child support/custody) and I'm trying my best not to let it get the best of me. I even started a book of lessons for single moms because of my experience. I just have to organize them and flesh them all out. It'll be a combo inspirational/therapeutic book (since I'm a newly licensed mental health counselor as of 6/10/11. Woot!). Other than that, I'm good. lol

inkkognito

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Great to see some more peeps checking in! I'm working through phase two of About.com prep, so I'll hopefully know one way or another within a week. I've got a magazine article due within two weeks, too, so I can settle down and finish that when About.com prep is done. But that's for July's JHS, which I can't believe is here tomorrow already.