Hello!

jessicalynn83

In need of another cup of coffee.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Jessie, and I'm a short time lurker who has finally signed up for an account. I've been writing since I was a young girl, starting with fanfiction and going from there.

I'm working on some police procedural stories, and hoping to get some advice from detectives and officers on the boards, so I can make my stories as accurate as possible.

I've already gotten wonderful advice from Rowan, and I appreciate the warm welcome.

Sincerely,
Jessie

jessicalynn83

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes so far! I really appreciate it. :)

oarsman

Salt water is the cure
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Jessie!

Would you like some coffee?
coffee-1.gif

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

jessicalynn83

Registered
Reaction score
A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Is all right if I post questions to the research boards? I wasn't sure if that was the same as posting works, and some clarification would be very helpful.

And to answer the popcorn question: I love it with white cheddar, or as caramel corn and though I'm not one for butter, good movie theater popcorn is a weakness. :D

jessicalynn83

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

Thank you! I saw on your profile that you've served in the Navy; thank you for your service. My baby sister is former Navy and her husband is currently entitled, so it's always a pleasure to meet those who serve or have served.

It's something I wish I could do, but is not in my cards. :)

BRDurkin

Trigger-Happy Pyromaniac Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bryanrdurkin.blogspot.com
Thank you! I saw on your profile that you've served in the Navy; thank you for your service. My baby sister is former Navy and her husband is currently entitled, so it's always a pleasure to meet those who serve or have served.

It's something I wish I could do, but is not in my cards. :)

Thanks, and you're welcome! :)

CARas

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote fan fiction and loved it. I occasionally get ideas for fan fiction but I really don't have the time for it. I need to concentrate on stories which I can get published.

What fan fiction did you wrote?

jessicalynn83

Registered
Reaction score
Lainey,

If you don't mind me asking, whereabouts in Australia are you from? I visited Queensland for two weeks in 2006 and absolutely loved it. It's been my dream to move there and write. :)

Thank you for the welcome!

- Jessie

jessicalynn83

Registered
Reaction score
I wrote fan fiction and loved it. I occasionally get ideas for fan fiction but I really don't have the time for it. I need to concentrate on stories which I can get published.

What fan fiction did you wrote?

Caras,

So sorry I missed this earlier. I've written for quite a few fandoms: Battlestar Galactica, Eureka, Iron Man, McLeod's Daughters and CSI to name a few.

Right now my biggest passion - as far as fanfic - is an Alternate Universe story I'm writing for the television show Castle. Which is where all my police questions will be for. :) Trying to fill in all the procedural gaps the show leaves out.

How are your original projects treating you, now that you're able to focus on them?

- Jessie

CARas

Registered
Reaction score
Jessica,

I wrote fan fiction for Stargate SG1 and a few in MASH which was a long time ago.

I am currently working on 2 projects. One is a screenplay and the other a teleplay (tv) which i hope to enter in a few contests.

I forgot to mention a memoir too, which is about becoming pregnant at the very advanced age of 42. ;-)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Figuro

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the cooler, Jessica.

I know what you mean by speaking to those in the know of things - it really does help when writing and making things as realistic as possible. I was very fortunate to meet a scientist on here and he's been of such great help and insight for me.

Just a tip though, not many members return back to the thread once I've welcomed a new member. So, I'd suggest that if you have any questions for them or wish to chat to them - send them a personal message.

I don't believe that you can post any new threads in the forums until you've clocked up your 50 posts.... just check that. But you can welcome new members or comment on existing threads in the forums - perhaps ask some questions there in a thread that holds your interest.

Best of luck