Hi!

Smirkin

eating cookies late at night
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new, nervous, and excited to be here :)

'Here' as in here on this discussion board, and also 'here' as in getting myself situated back into the writer's chair, where I haven't been for a loooong time. Feels funny even to be writing this, that's how rusty I am!

Any words of wisdom or welcome would be awesome and much appreciated. I just turned in my notice to the district where I've been teaching for 7 years and am officially on a leave of absence for one year in order to figure out some miraculous way to make a living as a writer. Same old, same old, I'm sure most of you are thinking...and I'm also sure my naivete is radiating. And to get those eyes really rolling, let me add that I'll have a toddler at home too. I am determined though, and you'll just have to wait and see me prove that one to you (and to me!).

Phew, that felt good. It's good to be here!
-Sara

DSA

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Lots of help here if you ever need it. Welcome.

MysticWolf12001

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! :) You couldn't have picked a better place! The folks here are just awesome! I too, have been away from writing for a while, and it's hard to get the words flowing. But, there are all kinds of advice, etc. here! So, again, welcome! and good luck.

TheMurf

I have opinions and I share them :)
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Sara

don't think about it so much, just sit down and start typing. You may surprise us all

good luck

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

Figuro

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the cooler,

We all gotta start somewhere. Stay true to your passion and believe in yourself - sure that your toddler will give you some comical experiences to write about or relieve those stresses of writing... Best of luck for your new journey of discovery.

Smirkin

eating cookies late at night
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. Talk about good vibes!! What a great welcome. Maybe I'm easy but you all just made me feel like a million bucks. Tanks! :)