I would like to introduce myself

mommysangelinheaven

Live Life to the Fullest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mommysangelinheaven.com
Hello everyone,

I was introduced to this forum today by someone on CreateSpace. I was intrigued because this person said I would not only receive the good feedback but I would also receive constructive criticism to help me make my book the best it can be. For me if I just wanted to hear the good stuff all the time then I would have only my family and friends read it as I get that all the time. However, I need people to be honest with me so I can improve the book the best I can.

To help you better understand me as a person, I have been married for the past 17 years to the love of my life. Has it been easy, uh that would be a big NO!! However, I feel fortunate that we have each other and I could not ever imagine my life without him in it.

We both have infertility issues and were blessed with our miracle baby (as I like to call her) over 11 years ago. Her life was not easy and was diagnosed with severe autism at the tender age of 3. What was always amazing to me is how anyone who has ever had the chance to have met her they were somehow changed by her innocence. For me, she was what the true meaning of love is all about. She gave it unconditionally to whomever she met.

Then in July 2008 she suddenly became ill and passed away only 2 weeks later. To say that it was hard doesn't even quite describe it. I had been a stay at home mom to now having no one at home. She had been my life. You have to learn to live anew.

As a dedication to her life and to help her memory continue on I have written a book about her life. My hope is that I can get honest feedback from individuals so that I can make this book the best it can be. My hope is that by anyone who reads this it will help them in some way. Whether it is to know that someone else out there knows what he or she is going through or just to be able to empathize with someone else. I have a poem I have personally written to start each chapter in the book. Some are just cute and some have deep meaning within.

I am really looking forward to reading other people's work on here while at the same time trying to improve my book and future books that I plan to write.

Sorry if I have carried on but thank you for listening.

Last edited:

VP_Benni

likes a colorful font
Registered
Reaction score
That's so sweet :) Sorry about your baby, I can't even imagine how hard it must be.

Welcome :)

~Amber~

tcllnsfmly

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I am so sorry to hear about your loss, my heart breaks when bad things happen to good people. I am glad you found a way to cope though, I have used writing to cope with things in my past also. Again welcome & I'm checking out your blog as we speak!

Last edited:

Matchy

Lazy Daizy...
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome here. I don't think I can imagine how hard it has been for you, the mere thought of losing a child is devastating in itself. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here for your project.

texas_girl

Registered
Reaction score
Hi and welcome! Losing a family member is one of the most difficult things in the world. God bless.

RobinF

Writing, speaking, more writing
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! I admire your strength!

mommysangelinheaven

Live Life to the Fullest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hello and welcome here. I don't think I can imagine how hard it has been for you, the mere thought of losing a child is devastating in itself. I'm sure you'll find plenty of support here for your project.

Matchy, thank you so much for your kinds words. They truly mean a lot. I think you are right about the support. I guess I will find out soon enough.

NinaK

On the Beach
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, my wish for you is support and luck.

CarrieAnn

Registered
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear of your loss, but I'm sure you'll find just the support you need here. Welcome and best of luck! :)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

mommysangelinheaven

Live Life to the Fullest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

I have been very busy today already do as you have said and earlier I had already post over 50 entries. I have more than that now. My hope is to continue doing so to help others and hopefully in return I will receive the same.

MMConway

Registered
Reaction score
Glad to have you join us here at AW.

Sorry to hear about your baby girl. I have 3 children myself. They are my world and can't imagine life without them.

TheMurf

I have opinions and I share them :)
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Aw and my condolences on your loss

A lot of people here have written about significant challenges in their life. From those I have spoken to, it seems to help them organise their thoughts and feelings. I hope you find some measure of comfort in your writing too

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

garnerdavis

Warped humor here
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. I hope your book becomes every bit the worthy testament to your daughter you wish it to be.