Good Morning From Maine

RobinF

Writing, speaking, more writing
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning! I'm going to have an empty nest in a few weeks and can devote my time to building a career in writing. I lightly edit and publish Maine Nature News and am a freelance columnist/feature writer for a large agricultural newspaper. Most of what I write is non-fiction but I'm giving fiction a try. It's very challenging, much more so for me than non-fiction.

It's good to be active here after several years of lurking.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

TheMurf

I have opinions and I share them :)
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Robin

another lurker finds their way into the light

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've been watching a robin feeding her young in the pine tree outside my window this morning. She, too, will be an empty-nester soon.

Welcome to the forums.

Matchy

Lazy Daizy...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Robin! I'm almost in the same boat. I'm editing and translating a journal of a WWII prisoner right now, while trying to write a contemporary mystery romance. From the little experience I have I can tell you, it's hard to switch from absolute freedom in writing to going back to non-fiction limitations. Good luck.

mommysangelinheaven

Live Life to the Fullest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mommysangelinheaven.com
Welcome

Good morning! I'm going to have an empty nest in a few weeks and can devote my time to building a career in writing. I lightly edit and publish Maine Nature News and am a freelance columnist/feature writer for a large agricultural newspaper. Most of what I write is non-fiction but I'm giving fiction a try. It's very challenging, much more so for me than non-fiction.

It's good to be active here after several years of lurking.

It sounds like you have lead a very interesting writing career so far. I have just started to write in the last couple of years when the sudden death of my daughter happened. She was 8 years old at the time. It has been through my writing I have found an outlet to help me and then I have had others telling me what a good writer I am.

Great to have you here.

RobinF

Writing, speaking, more writing
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?
I like my butter and salt with a little popcorn, please.

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.
Thanks! I'll remember that.

Welcome, Robin! I'm almost in the same boat. I'm editing and translating a journal of a WWII prisoner right now, while trying to write a contemporary mystery romance. From the little experience I have I can tell you, it's hard to switch from absolute freedom in writing to going back to non-fiction limitations. Good luck.
Oh! That sounds interesting! I sat at the pond writing this afternoon and enjoyed not having to fact check and research.

It sounds like you have lead a very interesting writing career so far. I have just started to write in the last couple of years when the sudden death of my daughter happened. She was 8 years old at the time. It has been through my writing I have found an outlet to help me and then I have had others telling me what a good writer I am.

Great to have you here.
I read your intro and left a note that I admire your strength. It must be a huge emotional roller coaster for you. I'm so sorry that she's gone but glad that you've found an outlet.

Figuro

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome,

You never know if you're good at anything, until you try your hand at it. So venture out and discover... Best of luck in your fiction writing adventure.