Hello :)

colorwalk

leaving a trail of colors
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all!

After finding myself here for the nth time (spanning several months) while googling some writing issue or another, I figured it was about time I join in. Considering the scary amount of time I spend here lurking and reading, it only makes sense. :)

Like all of you here, I really enjoy writing (and playing puppet master). The idea of having a book of mine published had always been something akin to an impossible dream, so I had never really given it serious thought - until perhaps a year ago when I woke up one day and thought, "Well, why does it have to be just an impossible dream? Can't it be possible after all?" And so here I am!

I still don't know how I would really go about accomplishing this "impossible but could be possible dream" of mine, but lots of researching, writing, and "one day at a time" is how I've been approaching it. There's also a lot of hair-pulling thrown in there, but hey... no one said this would be easy. :p

At the end of the day, I figured that if publishing turns out to be impossible after all, I'll always still have the enjoyment of writing - and hopefully some improvement too. :)

I look forward to learning from you all!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Captain Scarf

Smart-casual Ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hello.

Hold on, I'll move my coat off that chair and you can sit down.

There we go.

Tea?

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Lnlee

Reading and writing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lylawrites.blogspot.com
Welcome!

I still don't know how I would really go about accomplishing this "impossible but could be possible dream" of mine, but lots of researching, writing, and "one day at a time" is how I've been approaching it. There's also a lot of hair-pulling thrown in there, but hey... no one said this would be easy. :p

At the end of the day, I figured that if publishing turns out to be impossible after all, I'll always still have the enjoyment of writing - and hopefully some improvement too. :)

This is basically where I (and I'm sure many other people in this community are, too) am right now.

One day at a time~ :)

sincerely_anna

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, colorwalk.

I really admire your "can-do" attitude approach to writing. Sometimes I forget that the impossible can, in fact, be achievable! Thanks for the inspiration.

I'm sure I'll see you around these boards. I'm a newbie, too :)

Best, Anna