billy_halibut

Aspiring Ancestor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kinetickelp.info
I saw that on a packet of Equal.

Hi there, ya'll, I'm Billy Halibut.

I want to be involved in a community of contemporary writers and to make sure that writing isn't so solitary and selfish a pursuit. Of course it isn't, but it can become this, especially where I live and go to school. At the moment, I really want to get to know all the comedians and learn from them. I think comedy is invaluable to writing, it keeps one honest with himself, which is one of the hardest tasks I must try to apprehend daily.

I have written performance art poetry for a music venue I'm involved with here. Poetry has been my main focus. These past months, I have begun writing short stories and I'm currently designing a character/persona named Clementine Xai. I am trying to train and become the writer I would want to read. For now I aspire to imitate the writers I do read. Haruki Murakami is one of those bros. His advice for me is this: "No matter how mundane some action may appear, keep at it long enough and it becomes a contemplative, even meditative act." I want to focus on my ideals and find out how they can fit into this community. I want to pursue truth, generosity and honesty. Even if I don't achieve these, I will die trying!

I attend RPI, largely an engineering school, in Troy, NY, USA and I'm studying electronic media, arts, and communications and human-computer breeding [ex. toasters and bakers]. I'm involved here with video artists Kathy High, Igor Vamos and poet Juliette Gutmann. Some of my contemporaries include Seaglass and Ben Esposito, promising artists. I read the Newbie Guide and surfed some of the forums a few months ago before I joined today. I'm glad to have finally signed up!

Cool. Thanks for making this community.

Warm Regards,
Señor Halibut

All things present opportunity.
The rewards of one may be immediate
But the rewards of the other are eternal.

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

Whatsherface

Accidentally lost inside my WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW! Hope you find all the answers to all your writing-related conundrums!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What an entrance! Welcome, Billy.

Oh, and the fifty-posts rule does not apply in Poetry. Step right up!

billy_halibut

Aspiring Ancestor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kinetickelp.info
Very cool, thanks for welcoming me. I'll take those suggestions and put them in my pocket for the week.

CactusWendy, my popcorn was delicious. It was only later I found out it was my room mate's popcorn. PoetInAHat, I am glad about the poetry being a launch pad, as it always is for me. I will step right up!

Last edited:

Luis

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Billy!

Welcome to AW, I think you'll find it very helpfull in improving your craft, and advancing your career as a writer.

My question is, what the hell is human-computer breeding (sounds very wierd).

Good luck,
Lucho
http://writerinwind.blogspot.com

billy_halibut

Aspiring Ancestor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kinetickelp.info
whoops! I just rediscovered this with a web search. A lot of junk has happened to me since. How's bricks? I'm gonna search and find out if I ever posted any poetry. I wonder why I dropped this site.