Just hit send for April 2011

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Well, so far so .......... blaahhh!! Nothing really happening and goals for the "New Year" have not been met. It seems the harder I work, the less I get done, the further the goal gets! ARRRG!! I am getting determined this month!! This month is going to be a great month!!

Hope it is for all yall as well!!

Skyraven

What happened to my LIFE?!
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya Scriptor. Great to see you here. I haven't done much myself this month since it's only been a few days in. I've been thinking about starting a new blog - daily affirmations/inspirations. Still brewing. :) Other than that, I've been posting alot for Naptime stories and once weekly at my portfolio/Freshman Writer. And looking for other writing gigs. :) Hope all is well with you otherwise.

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hey Sky! Sounds like you are really keeping busy and getting things done!! Glad things are going so good!! Good luck with the new blog! I've never even tried something like that.

Things here will turn around and look up soon.

Bettedra

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm happy to see that others are staying positive and plugging away. I've been a little ho-hum myself, lately. No new job offers this year, and I've let that get me down. Honestly, I've kind of stopped trying to find new gigs, and I don't know whats worse: trying and not succeeding, or not trying at all.

It's not that I don't want to write- I really do. I enjoy it, I'm good at it...maybe I just lack the patience or discipline.

One thing I'm not short on is willpower, though. My goal for this month is to figure out what, exactly, I'm trying to do with this writing thing. I think I have some questions to answer, some soul searching to do.

For example, I know I want to blog, but blogging about myself or my life has been an utter failure (and nobody else cares, anyway). So what do I blog about?

Also, I've never considered myself a fiction writer, because a) I always get bored with the story before I get halfway through it,and b) I feel like I'm more of a persuasive writer. But, lately, I'm not sure about this anymore. Maybe I do want to write fiction.

Meanwhile, back in the real world, I continue to write for Demand (when I can bring myself to do it), Bright Hub (which I enjoy more but am paid little for), and the one private client I have managed to secure. I lack motivation, but I think that's simply because it's a lot harder than I want it to be.

Sorry this turned into such a long post... I've just been musing on all this lately, guess I needed to get it off my chest.

Good luck this month, all!

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hey all!! I've gotten pretty burned out on Demand Studios, is there any other site similar to this one out there? I've just gotten tired of writing for them.. the articles aren't too bad for a quick buck, I'd just like to find a couple more sites just like DS!

GOD bless ya'll!!

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't know. Lol Haven't even done one article for DS though I've been signed up with them for over a year. lol No help from me. Anyone else?

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Hey Bettadra, Just keep trying!! I know that I tend to procrastinate, then wind up with nothing, lol (thank GOD for a very patient wife lol) .... I would much rather try and fail then know that I had not even entered the race due to my own lack of or ... whatever.

Hope I've been a bit of help!

Everything here is ...well still here lol. The really only good news is that I am still dry, and sober ... 15 months!! I've got to learn how to blog!! Hopefully I can find something online that will help me learn how to blog and I can start making money there....

GOD bless ya'll!!

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Yay! I'm so happy for you! Keep up the great work Scriptor. As for the blogging, there are plenty of free websites that will give you tips on how to get started and make money. I'd also advise you to look at blogging as a way to showcase your writing and lead to other money making opportunities. :) Check out problogger.net for some great tips. :)
As for me, I'm still blogging for Naptime Stories and have been applying to other writing jobs. That and studying for my licensing exam on May 10th. I'm so ready to take it. Sick of studying. No other big writing goals because of the test. That's all from me.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Scriptor, I've heard about a new one called Crowdcloud, but I don't know anything about it. I have a friend who works for them. I'll hit her up for some details for both you and me! ;)

Skyraven

Registered
Reaction score
Plaid, I went back and googled it. I don't like the idea of having to open up a Facebook account just to get work. I give it a pass. Good luck to you and Scriptor. :)