Hello, I am the screenwriter demon kitteh.

Trick Shadow-Walker

ScreenWriter Demon-Kitteh
Registered
Reaction score
According to some of my friends, at least. In truth, I haven't written a single screenplay in my life, and I'm usually only a demon when told to be.

I LARP - Live Action Role Playing. Picture Dungeons and Dragons. Now picture everyone in costume, holding a foam sword, with some people being the orcs and some being the adventurers and who knows what'll happen next because your fellow players actually don't know everything you're doing/planning to do, so if you want you can turn your back on them, collaborate with the evil guy, and if you're sneaky enough, they won't know a thing.
Not, of course, that that was ever my role. No, really! My friends and I were trying to make PEACE with the snake-monster! That's why we gave it the missing duckling! Yeah... the one it ate... Look, usually they eat bones! We didn't know they were actually carnivores...
Anyway. I do that sort of thing a lot, although for the past year or so I've been the snake-monster more often than the adventurer - an NPC rather than a PC.
Whichever role, I have stories upon stories to tell about those memories, and it's one of those things which, once I start, I may not readily stop talking about it.

I also make chain maille - yes, like the armor worn in medieval times, except that's only one of the patterns possible. I've made two dragons out of tiny metal rings. One is a finger puppet.

I like music - Rise Against is my favorite band, followed by Alestorm and Rammstein.

As for writing! Since, well, that's kind of what this place is about.
I've been writing since I was maybe twelve or so - sixth or seventh grade, thereabouts, which is just four or five years ago. Before then, I read any book I could get my hands on - now, it takes me a week to finish a novel because I'm writing so much (and doing other things...) Most of my work has been in the past two years. I can kind of claim to have succeeded at NaNoWriMo - I have successfully added 50,000 words to a single story within a month, on two different occasions, and once wrote 30,000 words within ten days - but I have yet to write an actual novel start to finish (although I think I may be finally on the way to doing so - hope, hope!) This is less because I give up, and more because I don't stop. One of my stories, started two years ago (I frequently alternate between projects) has reached 550 pages on Word. I could say it's over, since the villain is dead. But... he's not, exactly, cause THAT villain is dead, but he wasn't exactly the villain in the first place. See, the spirit which was making him evil in the first place actually took over one of the main characters (who had already more or less turned evil anyway) when he died, so... yeah, not over yet!

Let's see... this is getting long. I'll stop there. So... Hey, everyone!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Trick Shadow-Walker

ScreenWriter Demon-Kitteh
Registered
Reaction score
At a movie theater? With lots of butter, a bit of salt.
Otherwise? Covered in chocolate. Om nom nom.

Thanks, everyone!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

Darkwing

Welcome. :) I'm an ex chainmaille weaver. Gave up on it because the callouses interfered with playing the bagpipes.

And wow! Congrats at having written so much. I've never managed to do NaNo . . . I think I'd go crazy trying.