Give a Schizophrenic a Gun!

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
I just LOVE children's literature!

51ITnIVLOSL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

5130GXFV6FL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

51kwC%2BBAA8L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

Monkey

Is me.
Registered
Reaction score
Helland: You know what that means? It means I’m going to end up stuck with the bill?

Kaufmann: Sounds like you’re getting out of the Alaska bill.

Helland: Oh yeah, I’m getting out of it after I end up on a blog.

Lukan: The Alaska bill – what’s the Alaska bill?

Helland. I’m the dirty hatchet man for the caucus. Something nobody wants to do. Some dirty, nasty job. I’m the one who gets dropped in you know why, ’cause I’m expendable.

Kaufmann: The crazy, give-a-handgun-to-a-schizophrenic bill.

I don't get it. Helland characterizes this as a "dirty, nasty job" that he's getting stuck with because he's "expendable"...and the other Republican calls it "crazy...so why, again, is this so important to pass that, even thinking of the bill this way, they're pushing for it?

I mean, I could see it as in "This isn't going to be popular, but it has to be done," but I can't see, "This may or may not be popular, and I think it's utter insanity, so let's do it."

Are they just convinced that this is what the constituents want, and have decided to pander even though they think it's a crazy, dangerous bill? Or is this just grandstanding? To what purpose?

No sense at all...