Newb Kid on the block :)

dandelionheart

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hi Everyone,

I am newbie here. My name is Megan, I am 25 and I love words. I am so excited I found this site. I am an aspiring writer like many of you. I am looking forward to the community here. I have written in some form or another most of my life but I have only recently decided to take it to the next level. My ultimate goal is for my work to be published. I write fiction-primarily children's and YA. I also write poetry. I currently work part-time as a freelance graphic designer and writer. At my day job-I work in HR & administration. At my most important job-I am Mom.

I live on the eastern shore of Mobile Bay in Magnolia Springs, with my wonderful husband, our adorable daughters ages six and four, along with Buster the Beagle, Daisy the Basset Hound, and the aptly named Nemo Flowerfish Punky-the sometimes normal but mostly odd Beta fish.

I love anything creative including-writing, reading, photography and graphic design. I also love cooking, a wonderful tradition in my family. So, with all that said, you could say my plate is pretty full!

I would love to network with some other creative minds. I have just finished my first children's book, There is an Alligator in my Bathtub! I would really love some reviews and feedback for improvement on that story. I am also currently working on my first YA novel, My Sister's Secret.

I look forward to meeting other writers, and hopefully making some new friends :)

You can also check out more info about me on my website or by finding me on Facebook. The links are posted below in my signature.

Please stop by and say hello. I love meeting new people. I think that I can learn something from everyone that I meet; therefore, the more people I meet, the more I can learn.

Thanks for reading my post. I hope you have an incredible day!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Journeyman

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Megan

What a nice intro. Yes, you are a busy person. BTW: I had a Basset and what a great dog they are. Good luck with your writing. And feel free to pass things along after you've reached you required posts. Love to look at them.

:welcome:

dandelionheart

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hello Megan

What a nice intro. Yes, you are a busy person. BTW: I had a Basset and what a great dog they are. Good luck with your writing. And feel free to pass things along after you've reached you required posts. Love to look at them.

:welcome:

Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I too love our basset hound...she is a wonderful dog. I can't wait to share my work. I would appreciate it so much if you looked at :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

dandelionheart

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Thanks Nickie & RPMcMurphy :)

For those who are interested--I finally reached 50 posts!! Woo-Hoo! Now I have shared my first work. Here is the link--please review if your are interested in sharing your feedback. Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful welcome.

If you want to critique my story: There is an Alligator in My Bathtub!
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5927959#post5927959