YA Dystopia Beta Readers

Gina Blechman

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm new to this blog, (kind of a "duh" since I'm in the newbie section), and I am looking for beta readers for my YA dystopian novel. It's approximately 100k. If you're interested, let me know and I'll give you more information.

-Gina Blechman

P.S. I know that I'm being kind of sketchy about this and not giving a lot of details, but that's because I figure that if we can start a posting dialog, then that will up our post counts. :)

JayD

Recovering Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
We've actually got a forum specifically for those looking for beta readers. It's under the "Discussion" section, and it's very helpful for hooking up with people looking to beta, often in return for a critique of their on work.

I'd also recommend posting in the YA SYW forums first, so that you can get any (potential) glaring issues out of the way. You need a minimum of 50 posts to create a new topic, but critiquing others works is one of the greatest ways to see how your own falls short.

That said, welcome to AW =)

Sereneword

New Member; Teach Me About Thick Skin!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Gina. :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

Guerrien

Fire Bad, Tree Pretty
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

I'm new too, and therefore pretty untested. But I love YA dystopians and would be open to betaing. I don't have time to do line-by-line right now unfortunately, but if you just need someone to give general impressions and feedback, then I'm your girl.

Lynx1482

Registered
Reaction score
greetings... I'm in the beta boat as well. Just have fun and say hey till you get enough.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
It might help if you posted the first page or two on your blog. I enjoy YA dystopians, but without seeing your actual writing, I can't tell whether I'll enjoy reading it, whether the protagonist appeals to me, how much work it might need, etc. Just a thought. :)