Hello from the land of snow and ice ... eh!

sneakysnail

I'm about to say something stupid
Registered
Reaction score
Just to the left of normal - and no! I'm not a boy
Yup! All Canadian all the time. And tonight it is minus 25 degrees Celsius - -35 with windchill. Brrrrrrrr.
Well, I have finished my first book and have started the second in a series. Still trying to figure out the genre of book one and still wrestling with the alligator know as my query letter. One of the most painful things I have ever had to do.:Headbang:
I am however very happy to have found AW. I think I will love this place, lots of very funny people. I look forward to 50 posts so I can start torturing everyone.:D

Sneaky

SJp

Currently buried in schoolwork.
Registered
Reaction score
Hello from a fellow newbie. Try to stay warm up there, and I look forward to being tortured. ;)

JohnL

Hmmmm...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, and stay warm up there!

david_v

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sneaky,

Welcome, try to complete the newbie poll if you haven't already.

Dave

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Gina Blechman

Registered
Reaction score
Hello fellow newbie. I'm also excited to eventually be able to get AW folks to read my work. Let me know when you figure out your genre. I might be interested at taking a look at your story. :)

Sereneword

New Member; Teach Me About Thick Skin!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Sneaky! Welcome to AW! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

Lynx1482

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome. Have fun meeting the people here. I've started two posts and already learned a hell of a lot.... great place to be torturing people

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome from sunny South Africa,

I know that sounds mean - but winter will be catching up with us soon. Then you'll have the sun.

CDancourt

Registered
Reaction score
Hello my Fellow Winter Comrade!!! Not sure about the temperature, but here we received a solid bunch of snow, and still do...

Writer-2-Author

Registered
Reaction score
Minnesota hit a record in December for 32" and we've received about 20" more on top of that including another 3" last night and we're expecting another 6-10" Tuesday and Wednesday. It's pretty when it comes down, but I'm waiting for spring, warmer temperatures, and no more snow!

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Sneaky! We're warmer than you now. We hit -40 F this winter and I'm convinced it was colder than that because the thermometer only goes down to -40 F.

See you 'round the boards.

dandelionheart

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Still trying to figure out the genre of book one and still wrestling with the alligator know as my query letter. One of the most painful things I have ever had to do.:Headbang:
Sneaky

Hi-welcome :) I am a newbie here too. I have been wrestling with my query letter as well. I have read virtually every possible post on-line with advice on the subject. I would be happy to take a look and see if there are any bits of borrowed wisdom I can share :)

sneakysnail

I'm about to say something stupid
Registered
Reaction score
Just to the left of normal - and no! I'm not a boy
Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!
Gina,
I will try to find you when I figure out the genre, and
Megan,
I just chucked my last QL. I also post on Writers Digest and it got shredded over there. Sigh ...
Back to the drawing board.
I am really looking forward to being able to post my first chapter. I know I am a new writer and really look forward to getting some of the great advice I have seen on this site.
All for the greater good ... Right? :)

Renee

Val367

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there and welcome

Just wanted to chime in with our weather over here for the last month - a record breaking 18 day spell of minimums of over 20 Celsius and a month of 35-39 Celsius days. /faint

Cheers
Val