I see I'm among friends here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
The best advice given here is "write a better book and move on." Raging at PA -- no matter how justified -- just loses time and drains energy. EVERY approach you can think of has been tried many times.

See the booklet linked in my sig. block, below. Free, concise, no gimmicks, and useful to many folks.

--Ken

Radhika

The Young Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

I did not understand your introduction post.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
Welcome.

I did not understand your introduction post.
He has been conned by PublishAmerica (that is a very large club) and is royally piffed -- and seeking to reinvent the same wheel that gets reinvented again and again and kicked around on these forums again and again. In time, he'll find out that consumer-protection agencies and the like don't consider it their business and will not get involved. Hopefully he'll not waste the time or energy on what has been tried again and again and has failed again and again.

--Ken

DavidinAlaska

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings.

YES. I have been sucked into the trap of PA and am a bit miffed. You nailed that one. But did you also know I have done this kind of thing before (AKA suing a large corporation and winning) and know a few things that many do not know? We need to band together. All of us. And we need to be strong in our convictions to do this. This may have been tried, but it obviously didn't work for some reason...maybe the rats started abandoning the ship a bit prematurely or the right steps were not taken, etc.

I assure you. I can make this work! If all I am going to hear is about how futile it is to do this, then we are indeed screwed.

A parasite like PA can only exist because it is ALLOWED to exist.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Guys, this is the Newbie forum for introductions and the like. For Publish America discussions, take it over to the PA forum.

Radhika

The Young Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I kind of get this.
Well, since I have nothing more to say.
I suppose I shall leave the thread and try to make my download faster.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

ResearchGuy

Resident Curmudgeon
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.umbachconsulting.com
. . . I assure you. I can make this work! If all I am going to hear is about how futile it is to do this, then we are indeed screwed.. . . .
Go for it. The PA-related threads here may help you to avoid the many methods tried without success in the six years I have been here.

--Ken

DavidinAlaska

Registered
Reaction score
I see I am among a bunch of.......

The negatives swarm amongst those of you who think resistance is futile.

How do I post so more people can see it?

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Seriously, if it's a waste of your time, then it's also a waste of everyone else's time to post here, to try and welcome you to the forum and help you out with a bit of advice. Locking thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.