Not drowning but waving

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. This is my first post. I am past the point of no return for posting my age, but I have the heart of a VERY bad five year old if that helps!

I have written a novel and a few short stories. I wanted to join the water cooler for all of the obvious reasons - but mainly because the blog has been so helpful along every step of this itchy brick road.

So lots of love and big goofy smiles to all! TTFN. Time to explore undiscovered blogs.

BTW. I am techno-useless. How do I put a silly picture in my profile?

RobJ

Banned
Reaction score
Hello and welcome, Toffeehead.

Did you know that most drowning people don't wave? They slip quietly down into the water apparently, with their arm raised. At least, I read that somewhere recently. I also read once that it's common for people who drown to feel stupid while it's happening because of how their friends and relatives will think of them, for getting into trouble and drowning. Apparently. I can only assume this is known from interviewing survivors.

Once again, welcome.

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

To add an avatar click User Cp on the left hand side you will see a list click Edit Avatar and upload your photo.

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
Rob - sounds like a Medieval water goddess thing... as she slipped gracefully under the icy waters...

Me. I'm all about comfort so that rules that out!
JVC - Will do. I will head in that direction later today after I have given my tithe of blood and sweat for the day.

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
No composer - Thank you! That's definitely where I am at right now. It has to be the QL since they haven't even seen my work.

I have been in this business for a teeny, tiny fraction of time - and have already discovered how little I know. It's daunting, but then if it was easy... would it be worth it I suppose?

Thank God for philosophy - it will have to do for now!

Ondi

Registered
Reaction score
Website
olshepp.wordpress.com
Dido That

No composer - Thank you! That's definitely where I am at right now.

I have been in this business for a teeny, tiny fraction of time - and have already discovered how little I know. It's daunting, but then if it was easy... would it be worth it I suppose?

Thank God for philosophy - it will have to do for now!

Wow! I've been reading past posts and soaking it all in. Definitely, a daunting line of work to partake and yes worth it all in the end.

I like to keep it simple, though.
Keep in mind, "It's all fun and games, until somebody looses an eye."
-Author unknown (Perhaps, my brother)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
I like my popcorn threaded. Or was that a trick question? I hope it's not another techy thing. This is the girl that thought blackberries were someting you picked off a bush!

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
I am following some of the suggested threads but some things seem soopa, soopa old. or maybe just I am. Is there a "current" pub? Where can I find it? What are the next winning lottery numbers?

:flag:

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
My gran used to take me to the local woods to pick blackberries. We got them back to her house and she'd make jam. Best jam in the world. :drool

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
I am following some of the suggested threads but some things seem soopa, soopa old. or maybe just I am. Is there a "current" pub? Where can I find it? What are the next winning lottery numbers?

:flag:
The current pub is at the top of the newbie forum, and I also have a link to it in my sig line below.

Oh, and the next winning lottery numbers are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. What? They are just as likely to come up as any other combination.

TypoToffee

Registered
Reaction score
I'll put a dollar on that! Thank you.
Blackberry and apple pie was my grans thing, covered in a big dose of custard lurrve. I'd write a story about it but American Pie pipped me at the post!