New mommy

efultz

Registered
Reaction score
My first baby is 7 weeks old tomorrow! I found this sight right before she was born, and, with her unfortunately difficult entrance into the world, I am just beginning to get up and moving.

I came across a mention of this website while Google searching beta readers (and how to find them). I wrote my first novel while still in college, and since then I've written several short stories and the beginning of a second novel. I'm still perfecting my first and hope to find a beta or few through interactions on the site. I'm excited to improve my writing and hone my craft through the discourse in these forums and apply that in revision.

I am genuinely excited to have found a website where I can interact with other writers!

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to the baby and Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too. Come along and pop on over to the Newbie Pub (at the top of the Newbie forum) and say hi, there's plenty of friendly faces that you can chat with and lots of banter. There's also the Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum where you can answer random questions.

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome! Sorry you had a difficult time of the birth, but the newborn age is such a wonderful time that goes by way too fast and I hope as you're getting back on your feet you are able to totally enjoy it all. (-:

Writing w/ small children is certainly do-able. My apologies for offering unsolicited advice, but I'm gonna anyway: give yourself slack when you need it. Small children and novels are both very effort-intensive, unpredictable in their needs, and not always obvious in their rewards. They will also compete for your attention something fierce. I imagine there's a fair number of us writing-moms here, so if you need to vent, a sympathetic ear is likely not too far off (-:

-Suzanne

Last edited:

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby. Hope mother and child are doing well.

You may not know it yet, but you are about to get lots of inspiration for stories with you little bundle of joy. Enjoy while you can...

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, efultz, and congratulations on coming through the difficult birth. As nocomposer noted, I would also suspect that the experience gave you some material. Imagine the child, as an adult, whose gestation and difficult birth are forever documented in writing. Wow!

MeretSeger

The Alydar of Writers
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats on the baby and relish naptime. The day comes, they don't do it anymore (she said as she flung the mac and cheese down, hoping for 5 minutes on the board...)

and...welcome!

Cella

Cella
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
congratulations and welcome! You'll love it here, I'm sure :)

efultz

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and great advice! I have tons of material and absolutely no time...but my baby girl is wonderful :)

Her Dark Star

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations. No time is the biggest complaint of every parent and every writer so you're in good company!

Val367

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there

Awww 7 weeks old - awesome ..... they can't talk back at that age ;)

My suggestion, rest while you get back to normal (w/e that is) and take time with your bub. They do grow up quickly.

cheers
Val

dandelionheart

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Hi :)
Welcome to the site and congrats!! I hope you and the little one are doing well. I wish you all the best with motherhood and with your writing-both can be pretty challenging. I am a newbie to the site as well, and also a writing mom. I have found the members here to be very kind and helpful. This is a great community.

vampgirl278

I DO believe in fairies and magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Suzanne is right, there are a lot of us writing mother out here. I'm another one! I hope you enjoy the site and learn a lot! I've learned TONS already sonce being here, it's great! :)