Dragged into the light.

GameMasterNick

All of Life Is A Game
Registered
Reaction score
Get many posters who do the Newbie thing a year after registering?

Lessee, I have many friends in the AW community and have been lurking here for, literally, years.
Since my first read-through of Jenna Glatzer's "Make a Real Living as a Freelance Writer" about five years ago.

That was when I got bit by the bug and dialed back my cushy day job to start working on building portfolios...
An automobile accident that made me largely unable to function thanks to painkillers sealed the deal.

I have many good friends who are published authors, editors or agents...
but back then I didn't think I had the time to dedicate to sitting down to write a novel, which I thought was the obvious first step
(I've since learned the discipline and easier routes to self-sufficiency).

Been a full-time freelancer (writing and editing)about three years now, mainly content work with the big sites (DMD, S101, BrightHub, etc.) or local private client assignments.
Before that I was a travel agency supervisor, a convenience store regional manager, a private caterer for very expensive Sun Valley functions... the list goes on.

I love writing on and about games, though at this point I have yet to find much money in it.
I tend to write about more business or hobbyist type things now due to chasing the $$ while I build my own sites and keep my fictional or more "creative" works on the backburners.

I have a beautiful seven year old daughter who occupies the bulk of my time.

Last edited:

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
I never knew you were here:) Welcome here, a year after the fact;)
Hope all is better with you Nick.

Tina (also on DMS)

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Cwm

Gator Bait
Registered
Reaction score
I am glad you've come out of the 'shadows' to join us and hope to see you around the boards.

Delectability

Slave to the Squirrels...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back.. I did the same thing but then again I just got my internet back and I'm not writing so much as I'm working more towards the publication end, so I have a little bit more breathing room to "not" lurk. haha.