Did SETI and NASA receive alien signal from Ganymede?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
http://scienceray.com/astronomy/nas...ect-alien-signal-from-jupiters-moon-ganymede/

Could very well be BS. But, it's too funny not to share. New allegations have come forward that SETI and NASA intercepted a coded message from Jupiter's moon Ganymede in the 80's. They couldn't figure it out. So, they sent a message back:

Eventually it was decided to send a signal to the exact location that the message was coming from on Ganymede. This message would be sent in Morse Code which was considered to be the easiest for an alien civilization to decode. It would read “We have received your signal, but we do not understand it. Please resend your signal using this language and transmission code.” Immediately after this message was sent, the mysterious signal from Ganymede ceased its transmission so everyone assumed that we would receive a new signal in Morse Code in a quick period of time. But day after day and then week after week no signal came and officials began to give up hope of actually receiving a response. Finally after more than a month, a signal was detected coming from the original radio source on Ganymede and incredibly it was in Morse Code. Eagerly NASA scientists translated our first direct contact with an alien civilization. And it said “We were not talking to you.”

Read more: http://scienceray.com/astronomy/nas...al-from-jupiters-moon-ganymede/#ixzz1FGGzcoBI

Priceless. Finally, some aliens with taste.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
So SETI scientists knew from the mid-1980s of a signal coming from Ganymede that was "definitely artificial in nature", but never bothered telling anyone about it. Sure.

Bird of Prey

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
I like the message, but why would Morse Code be any easier for them to translate than, say, English? Especially since it spells stuff out in mostly English.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So SETI scientists knew from the mid-1980s of a signal coming from Ganymede that was "definitely artificial in nature", but never bothered telling anyone about it. Sure.

So, you believe that our leaders would release that info to the public? I have less faith in them then you do.

Torgo

Formerly Phantom of Krankor.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
torgoblog.blogspot.com
I like the message, but why would Morse Code be any easier for them to translate than, say, English? Especially since it spells stuff out in mostly English.

Well, exactly. Haven't we got a protocol already for this? Can't believe it involves Morse.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

An excellent question. And why it's probably just a hoax.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
So, you believe that our leaders would release that info to the public? I have less faith in them then you do.

SETI = Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence. Last time I looked, they weren't in any sense my leaders.

Maxx

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score

And there's a "new pathogen" (sounds like an old plasmodium resting state)caused by roundup. A herbicide that generates "pathogens." What will they think of next?

Last edited:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SETI = Search for Extra-Terrestrial Intelligence. Last time I looked, they weren't in any sense my leaders.

What NASA releases regarding "alien disclosure" absolutely goes through/ will go through the leadership of the USA first.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And there's a "new pathogen" (sounds like an old plasmodium resting state)caused by roundup. A herbicide that generates "pathogens." What will they think of next?

What has one to do with the other? You don't believe the professor from Purdue, fine. He's a respected scientist.

We can only believe what we are told through official channels, because they would never lie to us. Got it. Thanks.

Maxx

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
What has one to do with the other? You don't believe the professor from Purdue, fine. He's a respected scientist.

We can only believe what we are told through official channels, because they would never lie to us. Got it. Thanks.

I don't think herbicides generate "new pathogens". They might cause
some little-known fungus to look odd (two new phyla were described in 2006), but that would be my best guess about the supposed "new pathogen."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blastocladiomycota

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
What NASA releases regarding "alien disclosure" absolutely goes through/ will go through the leadership of the USA first.

SETI and NASA aren't the same thing. You're positing that a group of scientists whose sole career aim is detecting alien life should, on discovering evidence of such, conspire to conceal it on the say-so of a government who they probably didn't work for, and to keep doing so for a quarter of a century until some bloke who didn't work for them spills the beans without mentioning dates or names.

the bunny hugger

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

Nobody said that, although you clearly want us to and interpret any skepticism in this framework. The truth is a lot of "information" out there ont he internet is utter rubbish in need to proper confirnmation by a reliable source of some sort before it is taken at all seriously.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SETI and NASA aren't the same thing. You're positing that a group of scientists whose sole career aim is detecting alien life should, on discovering evidence of such, conspire to conceal it on the say-so of a government who they probably didn't work for, and to keep doing so for a quarter of a century until some bloke who didn't work for them spills the beans without mentioning dates or names.

Dude, in fairness to me, in the first sentence I said it was probably a hoax, it just thought it was funny anyway...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nobody said that, although you clearly want us to and interpret any skepticism in this framework. The truth is a lot of "information" out there ont he internet is utter rubbish in need to proper confirnmation by a reliable source of some sort before it is taken at all seriously.

Find me a reliable source. Also, your criticism in this context is overbroad, imho.

Maxx

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score

There is some suspicion that there may be something of hoax going on with the notion that round up generates new pathogens.

From http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=115x276012

If it is a hoax it is a darn good one, as in the past hour I have read several different articles about Don Huber, and at least since pre 2006 he has been sounding the alarms about glyphosate and its effect of nutrient uptake deficiencies and plant dispositions toward fungal pathogens.

Pre-2006 eh? From before the genetic analysis of the fungal phyla that contain an estimated 1 million undescribed and mostly pathogenic species?

I wonder when Dr. Huber retired and if he has kept up with the field of fungal pathogens.

Last edited:

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
astronaut-pomeranian.jpg

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
"All these worlds are yours, except Europa. Attempt no landing there."

It doesn't sound as good with Ganymede, tbh. And who'd want Ganymede anyway? Now, what's under the ice of Europa is another matter entirely...

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There is some suspicion that there may be something of hoax going on with the notion that round up generates new pathogens.

From http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=115x276012

If it is a hoax it is a darn good one, as in the past hour I have read several different articles about Don Huber, and at least since pre 2006 he has been sounding the alarms about glyphosate and its effect of nutrient uptake deficiencies and plant dispositions toward fungal pathogens.

Pre-2006 eh? From before the genetic analysis of the fungal phyla that contain an estimated 1 million undescribed and mostly pathogenic species?

I wonder when Dr. Huber retired and if he has kept up with the field of fungal pathogens.

Might I suggest linking this in the proper thread? Just a friendly suggestion.