Hello everyone

KateHawkings

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
My heart will always live in the land of the long
Website
katherinehawkings.blogspot.com
Hello everyone, I guess this is my "Hello, I'm new" post...

My name is Kate, and to be honest I feel a little awkward talking about myself here... I am twenty-one and I am currently living in England, although I am a kiwi girl through and through. I love traveling, baking, martial arts, ice hockey, reading and writing... Although I think that last one was probably a little obvious...

I have been watching these boards for about a month now. I first found them because an author I follow on twitter mentioned them. I am hoping to eventually improve my writing enough to attempt querying agents with my manuscript. The big dream? One day seeing my books published... But hey, if wishes were horses right?

I hope everyone is happy and healthy.

Kate

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hiya, Katrina. We all felt a little awkward and weird when we were the new kid. Hang around a while and you'll find it passes pretty quickly. It's probably wise to read the guide for new arrivals, the board devoted to your genre, and any other boards that interest you, from politics to people being silly to movie discussion. That way you'll get a pretty good idea who's on your wavelength and who's just not.

Maryn, trying hard not to be the latter

KateHawkings

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Mystery1: Hello and thanks for the welcome :)

Maryn: Hiya! Thanks for that :) I've been slowly working my way around, there is such an overwhelming amount of information on here! Reading substantially more than posting... Although I don't know if this is counting as research or procrastination at the moment... Where was that post I glimpsed about writers block *wanders off to explore again*.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Periwinkle

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Katrina,

I'm a long time lurker who finally joined today. AW is a great place, isn't it? Good luck with your writing and I'll see you around the forum.

The Deuce

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Katrina. Welcome to AW!
What do you write?

KateHawkings

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Hi Katrina. Welcome to AW!
What do you write?

At this point in time I am working on a young adult fantasy, but I have plans to write several UF YAs and eventually a really creepy/sexy paranormal romance (when I have hopefully gotten over the gross factor of my mum reading sex scenes that I've written, either that or hello pseudonym).

I want to try my hand at a variety of different styles... I'm not the most experienced writer by a long shot. Have got to develop my style a lot.

:D

KateHawkings

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Frosting is that powderish sugar made fluid, right? I prefer cookie dough, the one with 1 part flour, 1 part sugar and 1 part butter (and optionally, 1 part egg). And maybe Nesquik powder. Yumm.

Hmm.. Not really...

My icing consists of on pound of icing (powdered) sugar,2 teaspoons of vanilla extract, 1/2 stick of butter and 8oz of cream cheese..

Tastes HEAVENLY!