new with a hello...

corygraves

Registered
Reaction score
hey, new member here. figured i'd do the norm and say my hello. been looking around on these forums for a week or so and have realized it'd be better to actually join it!

new/green to the writing world as i am these boards. have been looking around for help towards where to go from here, which may be a common worry/question. at the stage of a completed first manuscript. the questions i have i'm not sure if should ask right here in this thread or wait a bit?

either way, thanks and nice to be here.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...the questions i have i'm not sure if should ask right here in this thread or wait a bit?
You might get more feedback if you ask questions in the specific forums that are related to your interests. Don't be afraid or shy to start threads, and if a mod sees your discussion would be better suited to another room, it can easily be moved to a more appropriate forum. Happens all the time.

It's a big site, so kick back and take some time to get a feel for the place. As you read through discussions that appeal to your situation, you may find the answers to some of your questions have been answered in other, similar threads.

Good luck, and welcome to AW.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

corygraves

Registered
Reaction score
You might get more feedback if you ask questions in the specific forums that are related to your interests. Don't be afraid or shy to start threads, and if a mod sees your discussion would be better suited to another room, it can easily be moved to a more appropriate forum. Happens all the time.

Yeah that is what I figured...thanks for the help and welcome!

Same to everyone else!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Sereneword

New Member; Teach Me About Thick Skin!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, corygraves.

Melancholia

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Although you can't share your WIPs or completed works yet until you hit 50 posts, it's totally fine to ask questions. Just make sure to post on the right board :D

Cwm

Gator Bait
Registered
Reaction score
Greeting, fellow noobie. It's fine to mention what you are working on here, too. The folks on the boards are very welcoming. Who knows - you may meet a kindred spirit or a potential beta reader who will be waiting in the wings when you make that 50th post. Best of luck on your work.