Oops, dang that high threshold!

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oops . . . sorry! Didn’t mean to stumble through the door like that. I watched as Jessica Berry walked out of the closet across the street and walked in here but wasn’t watching my step. Wow, this place is a lot bigger inside than I expected from looking at the old storefront door and windows that I saw from the sidewalk. I saw a woman come in here last Monday before last – I think her name was Emma – carrying several boxes of pizza. Any of that left? .
Well, since I made all that noise stumbling in, may’s well introduce myself, huh? I been lurkin’ outside the door of this bar for a few days now, peering in the windows whenever I pass this way. I guess that neon sign above the door outside that flashes, WORK, means this is the WORK Bar, huh? Great! If I’m in here and my wife calls me, I can tell her that I’m at WORK.
Hey, regdog, would you raise your hand so I’ll know where you are? Ah . . . I see ya now. And how ‘bout WENDY? Yep, I see you now at that table with the CACTUS plant in front of your laptop. Hey, ladies, I read the Newbie Guide, pasted on the outside of the window to the left of the door before I came in. I know about the 50 posts prior to asking for critique. WENDY, I’ll hold off on the popcorn for now. Thanks, anyway. I’ll also pass on the pool pass for now . . . gotta save the $10 for printer ink.
Hey, Hairy . . . HairyMob, where are you? Never mind, I see you over there. Hey, I think we’re related. Your avatar looks a lot like my twin brother.
Any Jack Daniels behind that bar? Okay, who drank it all? How ‘bout some sake ()? It goes great with pizza. Hey, barkeep, gi’me a bottle of that sake, would ya? I think I’ll have a seat here, shut up and just think about the short story I just finished and will hopefully have totally tweaked in a year or two. Or maybe I’ll think about that story – what d’ya call it, oh, yeah, novel – that I’ve been working on and finally got to 69,000 words on the way to 95K+/-, I hope.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
..............ah, then my work is done here. Enjoy.

Sereneword

New Member; Teach Me About Thick Skin!
Registered
Reaction score
Flashy entrance, me likes! Welcome fellow writer!

triptych

it just so happens that I know a short cut
Registered
Reaction score
Absolutewrite.com forums are really a TARDIS - it's bigger on the inside. Welcome!

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, writers.
Cooee (I assume that's just your nom de bar), I noticed you sitting over there, wearing red, but you seemed to be busy with Miss Piggy, waving to Sereneword, sitting to your left and Bill Shakespeare on the right. I can deal with Bill but Miss Piggy scares the hell out of me! So, I didn't bother your table. Besides, I know you're busy staying dry. Best of luck! Rest assured, I noticed you and many other fine folk in this bar.
Here, take these - they're good, strong thoughts for Tracey.
Namaste, Sereneword, dhanyavaad!
Hey, Nickie, I recognized you from the other bar down the street.
Ah, triptych, another Dr. Who fan!

Last edited:

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Dang but I love the new members who actually turn in their homework way ahead of time. Welcome, Joe. I'll share my private bottle of Jack with you, if you decide the sake just isn't quite doing it for ya.

Kczimmy

Walking the Tightrope
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Joe!

Sorry about that threshold, I'm the hardware guy here, so I'll get right on it.

Kurt