New here :)

LadyFreeSoul

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hey, I decided to join this website mainly to get critiques on my writing.
I have worked on probably four novels since high school-and failed at finishing any of them. The most I had written on one was about 35,000 words. I can't finish anything :(

But I'm really trying to finish my most recent one - I am working on it with a best friend that I have had since kindergarten. We're hoping we can inspire each other, and help kick each others butt's in gear.

So far so good! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

triptych

it just so happens that I know a short cut
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome! Here's a thought - go cheat and write the ending to your latest work right now -- skip everything else and write the last chapter. Once you do, go back and work your way to the middle! Knowing you already have the "ending" may boost your confidence :)

Sereneword

New Member; Teach Me About Thick Skin!
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Lady Free soul!

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, Lady Free Soul!

On behalf of the Queen and the Royals in the Royalty Thread (click and proceed to the last page to introduce yourself) I’d like to welcome you to Absolute Write. As writers we apply our imaginations and skills here, and the Royalty Thread is a fun way of accomplishing those goals. Royalty for a Week provides an avenue to get acquainted with others and take part in a role-playing exercise to increase your abilities and have fun while doing it. It helps expand imagination and gives a chance to take part in a creative adventure. Many times Royal Decrees will lead outside of the Royalty Thread to explore the many forums that make up AW and, also, welcome new members such as yourself. We know how important it is to make others feel at home, and that is the one of the goals of our efforts.

This week’s Royal Monarch is Queen Bettielee (at least until she passes the crown on to the new monarch this evening), and she extends to you a gracious invitation to join the Royals. We hope you visit and take part in a land of castles, dragons, rogues and heroes, where life is what imagination allows.

In Her Majesty's Name,

Royal Ambassador, Princess of the Realm, Grand Duchess Ambrosia

(A special thanks and acknowledgment to Princess Sneaks who wrote the original welcome which I have modified with her permission for current purposes.)

JJ~

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, hello - good luck finishing. Sometimes a friend is all you need to stay motivated. Works for me - good luck!

Kczimmy

Walking the Tightrope
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome-

And you HAVE finished something... you finished 'not finishing'!

So sit down, fire up the imagination, and have some fun! You deserve it.

Kurt