Bonjour (hello) Members and (Lurkers), I'm a newbie

ohlala

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone:hi:, I'm so happy to have taken the plunge and to be here, in this great place:hooray:.

I'm ohlala, a frenchy newby :e2sven:. I'll be proud of sharing with you all my pasion for reading and writing .

I'm writing a historical romance (well...historical is too "new", I'd rather say an antique romance, something veryyyyy veryyyyy old).

Please be kind with my spelling, I haven't written english for centuries:e2paperba

Keep on being fabulous!! And if someone needs some help for writing about french history or if french words are needed please feel free to ask me, I'll help you with pleasure!!!

All the best for you and for the website,

Oh-la-la ;)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Nickie

Not too old to learn
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.nickiefleming.com
Hi there Oh-la-la, and welcome to AW. I'm from Belgium, so I understand French but never get to speak it. My latest novel is set in Paris, by the way.

Nickie

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

ohlala

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone:hi:!! I hope you're all fine today!!

Thank you very much for your welcome and your good advices:Thumbs:

I'd like to participate and help writers but I don't know where to find the forum "share your work" (that is the typical problem of being a newbie: I'm lost...)

Can you tell me where is this forum or how to participate to be for example a beta reader ?

Thanks for your help!!!:)

ohlala:Sun:

ohlala

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Nickie!!

I'm from Paris so if you need some informations or details from Paris or typical expressions (for example), feel free to ask me ;)

Sereneword

New Member; Teach Me About Thick Skin!
Registered
Reaction score
Holla! Ohlala :p ... and welcome to AW!

ohlala

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you: Cactuswendy, Nickie, Ingvanye, Boletusedulis, Guerrien, Darzian, Mystery1, Cooeedownunder, Kairoru,Thehairymob, xXVampyrePrincessXx, Regdog, SaraP and Sereneword :)

JoeBear

Thick-skinned, but I shoot back.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
ohlala,
Enchanté. A couple summers ago, my wife and I visited Paris, stayed at Hotel Garden Elysee on Rue Saint-Didier, very convenient for walks around the city and the many cafes near the Trocadero. Had dinner one evening at Le Café de l'Homme as we watched the sun go down and the lights come up. Gorgeous city! My second trip there and more memorable of the two.
Your offer to help with French is greatly appreciated and, I'm sure, will be honored.
Merci, à bientôt.

ohlala

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Joebear and Brandt :)

JoeBear you saw ones of the most beautiful places here (Paris)...Here there are many (as we call them) "literay coffees" that are bars where extracts of books are read in public...ones of the most famous here are "le café procope" where Voltaire, Rousseau and Diderot used to go (around the quartier latin-la Sorbonne) or also there is the "café Laurent" where Montesquieu used to go ;)

Yes, if someone needs French here I am :)

mountainannie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Welcome!! I am a newbie here myself.

May I ask you why you are writing in English? or are you? I speak French and Spanish, although I doubt that I could write in them. In fact, I barely read in them.. I mean, I read the newspapers for work (A freelance journalist, working on Haitian Dominican issues here in the Dominican Republic) but all my reading for fun is in English. Do you not find that you have a different voice, a sort of different personality in French? (of course, you may not be French at all!)

ohlala

Registered
Reaction score
thank you for your welcome Sad Soup-eating Girl ;) ( I like your nickname ;) )

Hello o mejor dicho Hola mountainannie ;) nice to meet you :) I'm french from Paris and I'm also bilingual in spanish (part of my roots are from Spain) and the reason why I write here in english is because I want everybody to understand what I'm saying, I think it is more polite. Moreover, as english is not my first language (and I make a lot of mistakes when I don't concentrate myself enough:() I wanted people to know that I was French so that they understand why I could write and express myself strangely sometimes if they read me...
About the difference of personnality when I speak different languages well, when I was in London my french accent was so horrible that I do feel really weird and my voice was really much high-pitched because I was really ashamed because of my horrible accent ah ah ah.... ;) it was clear that it was not my normal voice ;) I hope you understand what I meant :p

Oops my quick reply was very long sorry ;)

all the best :)