A Minor Announcement

vampgirl278

I DO believe in fairies and magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry I've been a little MIA lately... not that I'm sure anyone's missed me, but.... Anyway...

I did finally submit a story (flash fiction) for the first time EVER to a paying market at the beginning of this month... I haven't heard anything back yet, but it was a big step for me... And extremely terrifying. The story is called 'Midnight Snack' and I think is still in the forums somewhere... if anyone cares to take a peek.

I also submitted a story (micro-fiction) called 'The Letter' to the String of Ten Three contest on Flash Fiction Chronicles and haven't heard anything from them either... Sigh... the Waiting Game SUCKS... lol

In other news, I've actually gone back to my NaNo novel and have been revising, rewriting, and adding to it... it still doesn't technically have an ending... I'm hoping I'll figure it out by the time my first revisions have made it to my stopping point. I'd really like to get it finished and see if it's any good.

So... that's the news... just wanted to share :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good for you.

And if you happen to get a rejection back, save it as a certain "badge of honor". Remember that it takes guts to submit something for the first time and put yourself out there.

I have one; it's a blue postcard form Houghton Mifflin.

Ingvanye

Somebody moved the goal posts...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
query-blahblahblah.blogspot.com
Welcome back!

And good on you for taking the plunge. I only just started sending queries, and I nearly threw up the first time I pressed send. Well maybe not 'threw up', but I would have, if I was a thrower upper.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Hey, a first submission is a big milestone. Congratulations!

Guerrien

Fire Bad, Tree Pretty
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome back! *crosses fingers for you*

vampgirl278

I DO believe in fairies and magic!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much, guys! :) I feel so loved... lol. I'll keep y'all posted on what happens... and if anyone wants to beta-read some of my NaNo novel... well... I can use all the help I can get! PM me! :)

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10