2luckyrocks

Registered
Reaction score
out beyond the ideas of wrong-doing and right-doin
Newbie? Yes
Overwhelmed? Definitely
Timid? Slightly
Ready? More than

Hi. I dabble at poetry which has begun to scream at me from the scraps of paper it hides on that it wants more eyes than mine to see it. I'm not sure I should confess that I am so easily led by words...but aren't we all if truth be told? Excited to chat with other poets and lovers of words. Not so sure where to begin....any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

My suggestion would be to just poke around in the Poetry forum, and then play around in Office Party (if you're so inclined) just to get to know people. Office Party is just a goof, so just about anything goes.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
2luckyrocks, nice to meet you. We were all--well, nearly all--a bit intimidated when we arrived. It's kind of like showing up at a huge party where everybody seems to know everybody, and there you are, wearing the wrong thing.

But if you approach a group in Office Party or any of the other 'play' areas which aren't about writing, and join in on any conversation you can, you'll find yourself welcomed. Reading the board for your own genre, then joining in on its conversations, again you'll be made to feel welcome.

And soon enough you'll forget you were once a little nervous to speak up here. I try to remind myself by welcoming new people--I lurked for weeks before it felt safe!

Maryn, shaking your hand

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. A word to the wise, (50 posts), it would be a good idea to participate first in helping others before you think about posting your own work. After you have been around here for awhile, then post something of your own for help. Good luck.

Gorandius

Braincage rattler...
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, 2luckyrocks! I'm somewhat new myself and I've already began reading the fine poetry written by members of these forums. Go right into the Poetry forum, but remember that you cannot post anything of your own until you hit the minimum of 50 posts. I'm still working on that, but eh, having to work to that number gives the new people a chance to figure out how this place works.

MissAimee

A wannabe writer who lives in a land of confusion
Registered
Reaction score
welcomeclipart19.gif

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Don't forget to read the Newbie's Guide and enjoy AW

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. So take some time to read the stickies, greet fellow newbies, critique other members’
works, or join a discussion.

I have passes for the pool on the roof, only $10

Eggle

Write or Wrong
Registered
Reaction score
Hi 2luckyrocks, good luck with your poetry writing and welcome to the forum! I'm new too!
uma

Kczimmy

Walking the Tightrope
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome 2luckyrocks!

I just finished a manuscript today about a rock.:D

Guess it doesn't take much to inspire me, or I have lower expectations than most, who knows?:Shrug:

I didn't think I'd ever find a lucky one, much less two!:tongue

Welcome to the forums!

Kurt

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW, 2luckyrocks!

On behalf of the Queen and the Royals in the Royalty Thread (click and proceed to the last page to introduce yourself) I’d like to welcome you to Absolute Write. As writers we apply our imaginations and skills here, and the Royalty Thread is a fun way of accomplishing those goals. Royalty for a Week provides an avenue to get acquainted with others and take part in a role-playing exercise to increase your abilities and have fun while doing it. It helps expand imagination and gives a chance to take part in a creative adventure. Many times Royal Decrees will lead outside of the Royalty Thread to explore the many forums that make up AW and, also, welcome new members such as yourself. We know how important it is to make others feel at home, and that is the one of the goals of our efforts.

This week’s Royal Monarch is Queen Bettielee, and she extends to you a gracious invitation to join the Royals. We hope you visit and take part in a land of castles, dragons, rogues and heroes, where life is what imagination allows.

In Her Majesty's Name,

Royal Ambassador, Princess of the Realm, Grand Duchess Ambrosia

(A special thanks and acknowledgment to Princess Sneaks who wrote the original welcome which I have modified with her permission for current purposes.)

Status
Not open for further replies.