What do you think this title means?

Abderian

Registered
Reaction score
Problem #2

I've started writing an article based on this title:

What are the effects of greenhouse gases on animals?

Firstly, do you agree this should be written in an 'About' format?

Secondly, I started researching and writing about the effects of the various greenhouse gases on animals, e.g. carbon dioxide, CFCs etc., but I wonder if I'm being too pedantic and that in fact I should be writing about the effects of global warming on animals.

I'd welcome others' opinions, please. :)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just an offhand comment . . .

I might think about making the article more about the possible unrealized effects of global warming on the food chain and/or cycles of nature (those effects to include humans eventually). People probably don't think much about how much it could affect natural cycles, in the same way they didn't realize what so many chemicals were doing to animal life years ago.

I won't get into my own opinions of global warming; just offering an angle you could pursue.

JulieBeth

Registered
Reaction score
Interesting topic. If you have some research that shows the effects on animals, why not share it. There are probably animal lovers out there that would find this article interesting. What makes you hesitate?

Abderian

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Alleycat and JulieBeth

I think I was taking the title too much at face value. There are several different greenhouse gases and they each have a different individual effect on animals. Some are toxic and some aren't, by themselves. I was thinking of writing the article along those lines.

But I think the real question is what's the effect of global warming on animals, as that seems to be the way that both of you have understood it, so that's really helpful, thanks.