Pending Publishing Credit

Lost World

He'll NEVER fit in!
Registered
Reaction score
A publisher recently accepted a story of mine, but it will not appear on the publication's website for 2-3 months. The story is under contract; can I use it as a publishing credit before it is actually published? I would of course disclose to any pub I submitted to that the story I'm using for credit was accepted and under contract, though not in print yet. All help appreciated, as always....

charmingbillie

Are we there yet?
Registered
Reaction score
There are several ways you can say this: 'I have published stories in blah and blah and recently sold a story to blah...' Or, if you know the pub date, you could say, 'My story, "blah, blah, blah," will be published in blah mag/website in March 2011.' Or even just, 'I recently sold a story to blah.'

the addster

Registered
Reaction score
Website
addiepray.wordpress.com
Yep, just do the "Lost World's work has appeared in Tidlywinks Weekly and will be featured in the March issue of U.S. Newts and World Resort."

Truth and Fiction

On the tip of my tongue
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lauramaylenewalter.com
Even if you don't know the exact publication date/issue, you can simply say, "My fiction is forthcoming in Publication X." I combine my published and forthcoming pieces in one line in my bio: "My short fiction has appeared or is forthcoming in Mag X, Pub Y, and Quarterly Z."