First the Resurrection (then the laundry)

Status
Not open for further replies.

werbdude02

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all. So, having parodied a noted book title in this thread title, there was something on my mind, as I've been writing this story. At the end of it, one of the protagonists dies, but by the end of the sequel (with the sequel partly following her activity on the Other Side) she returns to life. Now, there were plenty of eyewitnesses to her death (she was run through by a blade), there was an autopsy, then here was a funeral with full military honors...and yet, she comes back at the end of "book 2" (bursting out dramatically through the sealed doors of her famous ancestor's mausoleum). Okay, so she's back...now what? (the "now what" will partially determine what I do with "book 3") Her partner willingly takes her back, but....how do the gears of society/government/whatever deal with someone who's back from the dead? Sure this is an urban fantasy story, but your run of the mill person in this universe (unlike the 2 protagonists) doesn't interact with the supernatural/fantastic.

Any thoughts? Anybody else have resurrection happening in their stories?

dclary

Unabashed Mercenary
Poetry Book Collaborator
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.trumpstump2016.com
Hi all. So, having parodied a noted book title in this thread title, there was something on my mind, as I've been writing this story. At the end of it, one of the protagonists dies, but by the end of the sequel (with the sequel partly following her activity on the Other Side) she returns to life. Now, there were plenty of eyewitnesses to her death (she was run through by a blade), there was an autopsy, then here was a funeral with full military honors...and yet, she comes back at the end of "book 2" (bursting out dramatically through the sealed doors of her famous ancestor's mausoleum). Okay, so she's back...now what? (the "now what" will partially determine what I do with "book 3") Her partner willingly takes her back, but....how do the gears of society/government/whatever deal with someone who's back from the dead? Sure this is an urban fantasy story, but your run of the mill person in this universe (unlike the 2 protagonists) doesn't interact with the supernatural/fantastic.

Any thoughts? Anybody else have resurrection happening in their stories?

THere are plenty of stories of how people have had to handle the government thinking someone has died -- no credit, no social security, no ID... and that's non paranormal. A crazy resurrection story would make things even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.