Decaffeinated Coffee. One of the ultimate indications of Humanity's craziness?

Should Decaf drinkers be shot on sight?

• Total voters

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
POLL ABOVE

Ran out and accidentally bought decaf coffee.

I mean really. what kinda of nonsense it decaf coffee?
Have people now convinced themselves they they like coffee because of its taste???

Is that how self-delusional Humanity has become?

To the point that we'll drink the bitter, bitter, brew convincing ourselves it's for the goddarn taste???

It's sad.

Sad.

EDIT: NOTE: UNACCEPTABLE POSTS INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING.
Er, well actually dude, not all coffees are like, bitter, you know? I get mine imported from the '****' plains of west Africa/ Arabia/ Brazil and like, you can actually taste the rich loamy soil and the soft vanilla flavouring infused from the wagbonga tree sap, plus its aged in 1000 year old oak caskets and like... etc etc

coffee is bitter, end of.

Last edited:

amlptj

Speling & grammer murderer, Sorrie!
Registered
Reaction score
I competely agree with you. I only ever drink coffee for the caffine. I force down the horrible bitter crap coving it up with shit tons of sugar and chocolate syurp. Years and years of training my taste buds to like it and i would still never put my self through the torment of drinking it if i didnt need to stay up.

In fact i need coffee right now... Not for the oh so pleasent taste but to keep my motor skills fuctioning!

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
For some of us gestating and soon to be breastfeeding AWers, it's a wonderful alternative to loading the kid up with caffeine.

But why? why suffer the bitter taste without the compensation of the caffeine kick?

WHYYYYYY??????

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
You do realize that so-called "decaffeinated" coffee does not mean caffeine free? That decaf contains only a lower percentage of it's original caffeine prior to the decaffeinating process.

You get that...

Right?

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I know that but again the only reason i drink it is to get the kick from the caffeine. Why drink it for any other reason? Taste? I dont see a point in decaf coffee if its got less of the one and only ingredient that makes it appealing.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
You do realize that so-called "decaffeinated" coffee does not mean caffeine free? That decaf contains only a lower percentage of it's original caffeine prior to the decaffeinating process.

You get that...

Right?

you going all legalese on my ass? Me? Without my Coffee!!!????

:D

em yes, I am aware, but generally that's 1 - 2 % of the original caffeine, which is = nil. (in caffeine addict terms)

Edit; Well can't write no more, must go back to the shop.

Last edited:

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
If I'm going for a non-caffeinated beverage, I drink this stuff called water.

It's not bad, just a little on the bland side.

I have never had a cup of decaf in my life. Nor will I.

Adam

Not dead.
Registered
Reaction score
My brother and mum drink decaf, because they like the taste of coffee, but don't want the caffeine. Not everyone finds the stuff foul.

Personally, I'd rather chew on the milk bottle than drink any form of coffee. ;)

kayleamay

I'm on the phone.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My mom used to drink Postum. I don't think they even make that stuff anymore. Blech.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I once heard Letterman refer to decaf as "useless brown water" which I think is the perfect description.

I was chatting with an AWer who lives outside of the US and s/he did not realize that decaf coffee was a real thing, despite having read about it. S/he thought it was a joke, like dehydrated water :D

Maxinquaye

That cheeky buggerer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
maxoneverything.wordpress.com
I competely agree with you. I only ever drink coffee for the caffine. I force down the horrible bitter crap coving it up with shit tons of sugar and chocolate syurp. Years and years of training my taste buds to like it and i would still never put my self through the torment of drinking it if i didnt need to stay up.

In fact i need coffee right now... Not for the oh so pleasent taste but to keep my motor skills fuctioning!

Well, if the coffee is bitter crap, you're doing it wrong! But considering the coffee culture of the US.... *shiver* :D

But I agree with Paul. Decaf drinkers should be shot on sight. It's the humane thing to do.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Well, if the coffee is bitter crap, you're doing it wrong! But considering the coffee culture of the US.... *shiver* :D

But I agree with Paul. Decaf drinkers should be shot on sight. It's the humane thing to do.

Well humane or not, it's the only honourable thing to do.

:D

just to reiterate no 'my coffee's not bitter dude, it's like totally naturally sweet n stuff' posts are not allowed.

:whip:

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score

You get that...

Right?
This. There is still a fair amount in it.

darkprincealain

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's sort of silly to get so addicted to something, but I suppose wakefulness is in the eye of the person who has had enough caffeine.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
just to reiterate no 'my coffee's not bitter dude, it's like totally naturally sweet n stuff' posts are not allowed.

Dude!

Milk! Sugar! Espresso machine with frother!

Cappuccino-liciousness to the max.

Black coffee, decaffeinated or not, is like Guinness or 95% Cocoa chocolate - instant mouth-twisting bitterness.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Dude!

Milk! Sugar! Espresso machine with frother!

Cappuccino-liciousness to the max.

Black coffee is like Guiness or 95% Cocoa chocolate - instant mouth-twisting bitterness.

Exactly!

Coffee = bitter, end of. We have to add sweetner/ milk etc to make it barable and why? FOR THE CAFFEINE!!!

SO WHY DRINK DECAF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amlptj

Registered
Reaction score
I once heard Letterman refer to decaf as "useless brown water" which I think is the perfect description.

I was chatting with an AWer who lives outside of the US and s/he did not realize that decaf coffee was a real thing, despite having read about it. S/he thought it was a joke, like dehydrated water :D

Useless brown water is completely right! It should be a joke!

I used to work in my church rectory and every evening the priests would have decaf coffee after their dinner. I finally asked one why? He looked at me completely puzzled and finally said "It tastes horrible,and smells... I guess because its warm?" A few days after that they swiched to decaf tea! Simply because it tasted better. There really is no purpose for decaf coffee.

Paul

Banned
Reaction score
Just to clarify the subtext of my point.

NO ONE.
NO ONE, DRINKS DECAF COFFEE UNLESS THEY HAD PREVIOUSLY DRANK REAL COFFEE.

everyone getting the subtext there?
now that's addiction at its most subtle.