To label or not to label?

AlterEgox5

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
abooksellerblog.blogspot.com
In one blog I do use labels, but there's a whole purpose for them.

In this blog, I don't use any labels (I think maybe because when I began the blog, labels weren't a feature and if they were, I didn't know what they were for). So I'm curious; should I use labels in my blog? Does anyone think it will matter? Do you use labels in your everyday, average Joe blog?

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I use them. I add any labels/tags I think are relevant to the post.

Labels/tags help people find the stuff they're looking for. Searches use them (some of the blog directories and the built-in Blogger search), and people can click on a label to see other posts about that subject.

For the people they don't help, they don't do any harm. There's nothing lost by adding labels.

Marcus Avenier

chasing my tail
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marcusavenier.blogspot.com
I often use labels/tags to explore blogs that I've just discovered.

Might not want to go back and put them in the already published entries, but you may consider putting them in the future ones.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
This is true. The question is whether or not I'm motivated enough to go back through 100-some posts and add some in. :D

You don't have to do it all at once. I go back over old entries sporadically and add new labels (often when I've added the label to a more recent post, and realised some older ones fit the label too).