PDA

View Full Version : To label or not to label?

AlterEgox5
08-07-2010, 01:31 AM
In one blog I do use labels, but there's a whole purpose for them.

In this blog (http://altrambles.blogspot.com), I don't use any labels (I think maybe because when I began the blog, labels weren't a feature and if they were, I didn't know what they were for). So I'm curious; should I use labels in my blog? Does anyone think it will matter? Do you use labels in your everyday, average Joe blog?

Polenth
08-07-2010, 01:51 AM
I use them. I add any labels/tags I think are relevant to the post.

Labels/tags help people find the stuff they're looking for. Searches use them (some of the blog directories and the built-in Blogger search), and people can click on a label to see other posts about that subject.

For the people they don't help, they don't do any harm. There's nothing lost by adding labels.

AlterEgox5
08-07-2010, 02:36 AM
There's nothing lost by adding labels.
This is true. The question is whether or not I'm motivated enough to go back through 100-some posts and add some in. :D

Marcus Avenier
08-07-2010, 03:01 AM
I often use labels/tags to explore blogs that I've just discovered.

Might not want to go back and put them in the already published entries, but you may consider putting them in the future ones.

Polenth
08-07-2010, 04:15 AM
This is true. The question is whether or not I'm motivated enough to go back through 100-some posts and add some in. :D

You don't have to do it all at once. I go back over old entries sporadically and add new labels (often when I've added the label to a more recent post, and realised some older ones fit the label too).