PDA

View Full Version : Got my first feedback!

ElizaFaith13
08-05-2010, 12:07 AM
I sent my YA Fantasy MS to my grandmother for some grammar help. She used to work for Time Warner when it was a newspaper. She also used to send back my e-mails with a spell & grammar check. I was a bit fearful of what she would say, but she surprised me, see below.

"Okay, so I started to read and edit at the same time. Then I got so hooked on the plot line I decided to just read it--no editing. Do you have any idea how hard that is for me???? Anyway, just finished it, and loved it. It does need polishing, maybe a lot of polishing. But the story's great. Really great."

I know no one else probably cares, but if my fancy grandma (who I'm not even allowed to call grandma) loved it, well I feel pretty darn good. ESPECIALLY, since Nathan Bransford recently posted on his blog the that he wants to see plot, plot, plot.

Renee Collins
08-05-2010, 12:53 AM
Nice! Reviews like that are so vital in this tough biz. They really put wind in the sails. :)

Good luck with your story!

Soccer Mom
08-05-2010, 01:29 AM
That's fantastic--both the great feedback and an awesome grandma!

regdog
08-05-2010, 01:38 AM
:hooray:

Phaeal
08-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Now ask Grandma to go back and finish editing.

And CGs!

MissMacchiato
08-05-2010, 04:01 AM
awww, that's so cool! in some ways, family is even harder to impress than a random stranger. Their judgements mean so much.