Tucson

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm fresh out of ideas. I need a good meeting place in Tucson for two people who don't want anyone to observe them meeting. Already used locations: Presidio Park Plaza, a random cafe, Trail Dust Town, Felix Lucero Park.

It must be public. It must allow two people to meet and talk and walk (or run) away. They can't be contained in a small space, any place without multiple exits, etc. It can be a place that's open only during the day or only at night. I don't care. I just need a place, and inspiration/Internet research for a city I've never been to is failing me at the moment. I'm considering Reid Park Zoo, but it's not appealing to me. Please help!

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I live here in Tucson. Let me give this some thought.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
well, it's a little ways outside of Tucson, but the Sonoran Desert Museum is very nice.
It's a large open-air zoo for wont of a better description. Lots of trails, little groves of trees to sit under. Some picturesque meeting places, with great views over the desert.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, back.

Yes to what Fire said.

Also there is Sabino Canyon. You do have to remember that like the zoo, the museum, there is only one way in and one way out. Even Mount Lemon, only one main road there and back.

There is also Old Tucson, the movie set. You can walk all around.

The down town area sports the U of A arts museum if you want someplace inside.

Where the zoo is located is inside a park. There is a small duck lake there and many places for picnics. A lot of exits from it.

To the west of Tucson is locate Kit's Peak where the stars can be viewed, but only one road up or down from there.

The grounds of the University can also be a place to mill around.

On the east side of town is the Saguaro Desert Museum that has trails out among the cacti that look like men with their hands raised.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, both! It helps a lot. You are fabulous. :D

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score
I'm fresh out of ideas. I need a good meeting place in Tucson for two people who don't want anyone to observe them meeting. Already used locations: Presidio Park Plaza, a random cafe, Trail Dust Town, Felix Lucero Park.

It must be public. It must allow two people to meet and talk and walk (or run) away. They can't be contained in a small space, any place without multiple exits, etc. It can be a place that's open only during the day or only at night. I don't care. I just need a place, and inspiration/Internet research for a city I've never been to is failing me at the moment. I'm considering Reid Park Zoo, but it's not appealing to me. Please help!

On campus at the UofA? check their website for maps and Google Maps for some good birds-eye and pedestrian level. Many places on the grounds would be suitable because you can dash off in several directions.

There are a lot of bars and restaurants near campus that have lots of people at all times ... no one would notice them because there are so many. Outdoor patio dining, benches and other easy to casually meet.
East U8niversity Blvd, west of Park is a hotspot for wandering and eating and drinking.

Or, a craft fair ... make one up and put it ion a real park.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
The restaurant "Feast"

No, that wouldn't work, it was well populated. I just had a couple really good meals there last year on vacation.

The biodome was only like a half hour away. It had lots of plazas

Canotila

Sever your leg please.
Registered
Reaction score
We used to live a few blocks from the U of A. Anywhere on campus would make a good meeting spot. You could disappear pretty quickly, into a group of students or wherever. It's very open too.

Reid park would work. The zoo is walled in except for the entrance/exit, and there aren't any places to run if you're on the loop trail that goes by all the exhibits. Plus there are a bunch of security dudes standing around.

There is also the El Encanto neighborhood, it's downtownish and has all the really old rich people houses. A lot of people like going for walks there because it's old enough to have tall trees along the street, the houses look awesome, and has low crime.

If you want to have them to be less visible, some of the washes are pretty private, yet public (just don't go in them if there is any rain within 100 miles). I'll have to ask my husband the name of the wash, but there is one near the U of A that is heavily walled with 30' tall oleander and would be a great place to meet where no one would see you.

Go to google maps and put in "E Cll Encanto Tucson" Then click on "earth" view. That neighborhood is shaped like a wheel with spokes. We loved walking there, they could meet up at the center island and talk, or walk and talk.

Last edited:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you Tsu, George, and Canotila! These are very helpful.