Status
Not open for further replies.

MJRevell

www.mikerevell.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mikerevell.com
Forgive me if this isn't the best place for this, but I thought I'd just draw attention to my interview with SF guru Keith Brooke on the Strange Horizons website, because he had some interesting things to say on writing fiction that a lot of people here might find interesting/useful.

In particular:

You have to push yourself every time you sit down to write; you should make everything you produce better than the last thing; you need to be your own toughest critic and you need to learn from the things you're still not getting right. And you have to be stubborn as hell. Finish your first story and start the next; finish your first novel and start the next; keep sending them out. When you do the sums it's hugely improbable that any writer will emerge from the slush pile, but they do, and the only way you can improve your chances is to write the best thing you can write, present it professionally, and keep submitting so that you're giving yourself the chance.

The rest of the interview can be found here, if you're interested: http://www.strangehorizons.com/2010/20100524/revell-a.shtml

Status
Not open for further replies.