Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishell

That Clarion chick!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
mishellbaker.wordpress.com
The Clarion Workshop is signing up writers to participate in our first annual Write-a-Thon, and there are only 6 days left until the deadline. Anyone can sign up, and it doesn't cost anything. Already signed up are folks like Cory Doctorow, Kim Stanley Robinson, Robert Crais, etc. etc.

(Link removed 'cause DUH)

But of special interest to those of you with Twitter accounts - if you Retweet @ClarionUCSD's tweet about the Write-a-Thon deadline you might win a $250 gift card to a bookstore of your choice. But it's only valid if ClarionUCSD gets 100 RTs this weekend, so get tweetin'! :)

If you have any questions about Clarion or the Write-a-Thon, fire away! I'll try to answer in a timely manner.

Last edited:

Mishell

That Clarion chick!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Just need 8 more writers now! Thanks to those of you who signed up so far! The event starts Sunday and lasts for 6 weeks (just like the actual Clarion workshop). For my part, I'll be finishing the world's most awful draft of a novel. You heard me, 14 chapters in 6 weeks. Oy.

http://bit.ly/anmETm

MeeMee2000

Registered
Reaction score
I joined 2 minutes before the deadline expired. Did we make the goal - 75 writers? I don't see any updates on the website.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I joined 2 minutes before the deadline expired. Did we make the goal - 75 writers? I don't see any updates on the website.

According to the bar next to the quill and ink on the right hand side, they made it to 76 writers participating.

Mishell

That Clarion chick!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Yes, that's correct, we have 76 writers, and they're all busily pulling in donations already! It looks like there will be a 2011 Clarion Workshop after all. We have forums opened up now for both writers and sponsors to track writing progress, issue challenges, etc. Thanks to everyone who signed up and/or contributed. You AWers are Absolutely the best. :)

Rebekah7

Unofficial Jester
Registered
Reaction score
I'm having trouble registering for the forums (I'm participating as a writer.) Is there anyone I can contact on the matter?

Mishell

That Clarion chick!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
The good news is, it's going so well we'll probably do it again next year. And we'll have better technology to support it, too (if I have anything to say about it). Already looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.