Extra space on pages of MS Word doc:(

COOLORANGEFREEZE

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
So I took my double spaced MS (for self-publishing), copied it all, and switched to 1.5 space for every page in one click.

Unfortunately now at the bottom of every page there are about 4 to 6 empty/blank sentence spaces. I can't bring the next page up to the first to try and mesh sentences and fill the last blank areas either. I don't understand why this would happen or why it won't fill in with "my work".

I performed this with my last MS a couple days ago and that one went smooth. Anyone got any helpful tips for this? What I did or how I can make it right?

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Just asking, have you tried reducing top and bottom margins and possibly header/footer spacing in File > Page Setup ?

-Derek

COOLORANGEFREEZE

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I tried the widows/orphans. It was checked for the MS. I copied the whole thing and unchecked it several times... made sure everything was unchecked... and it still wasn't fixed. I checked it back to see what would happen and it made the page space in question grow more. May be something wrong with the program I have.

Solution - I just copied the entire MS and brought it to a new .doc and made sure the widows/orphans was unchecked and that worked fine. It is back to normal now or at least to where I want it:)

Here's a LESSON on how to correct the issue typically.

Last edited: