The nerdiest question ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Is there a Wii game that's like LARPing?

Like with all the having-to-move of the fitness games but with an actual story/game you're playing through?

with Zelda and RE you can do all your actions on the couch and i consider skateboarding or something like that to be in the same category of fitness games...

is there a game where you use like the balance board and the controller and have to be active?

(My wii is currently gathering dust, and has been for months. I like video games and I like don't mind exercise, but i find those fitness games BORING.)

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
I recall a ninja/yakuza type game that was reasonably energetic. Admittedly it's been an age since I used a Wii. And, alas, that game wasn't very good. :-\

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
I recall a ninja/yakuza type game that was reasonably energetic. Admittedly it's been an age since I used a Wii. And, alas, that game wasn't very good. :-\

I imagine you're talking about "Red Steel"? All the sword and gun action was controlled via wiimote, and fairly precisely. Red Steel 2 is coming out soon, and hopefully will be a lot better.

Beyond that, I don't know too many games like this. Mostly because this is precisely the sort of game that I have wanted for the Wii since its creation. I have been thoroughly disappointed.

tarcanus

Lord of the Tarcans
Registered
Reaction score
This topic makes me happy:

A) Because someone mentioned a Wii gathering dust

B ) Because the second I saw the thread title I thought "If this isn't a question involving LARPing, it isn't the nerdiest question ever," hahaha!

efkelley

ow
Registered
Reaction score
Indeed, LARPing approaches the summit of excessive geekery. :)

Yes, Red Steel was the game. Short, alas, and buggy, double alas. Perhaps the sequel will be better. I'll have to see if my friend still has her Wii.

Fulk

Occasional Contributer
Registered
Reaction score
As an added note, you shouldn't feel bad. My Wii is gathering dust as well. It's frustrating to me because ever since its release, I looked everywhere for one. They were selling like hot cakes, and then were harder to find when non-gamers became interested in it. I finally got one, and now I hardly if ever play it due to a lack of impressive games. (Brawl, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and a few other gems not-withstanding...)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
My PS3 is gathering dust...but that's because I'm a really bad duster. :D So's my TV, and my tabletop, and my floor, and my speakers...

defyalllogic

i'm a girl. (i have tendonitis)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
i gave up and went back to playing wii fit while listening to audio books on my laptop. this week's selection: The Martian Chronicles.

though the idea of finding a way to LARP inside without talking to people is more like the saddest question ever...

(yay for fellow nerds!)

Status
Not open for further replies.