PDA

View Full Version : The nerdiest question ever...

defyalllogic
03-28-2010, 10:42 PM
Is there a Wii game that's like LARPing?

Like with all the having-to-move of the fitness games but with an actual story/game you're playing through?

with Zelda and RE you can do all your actions on the couch and i consider skateboarding or something like that to be in the same category of fitness games...

is there a game where you use like the balance board and the controller and have to be active?

(My wii is currently gathering dust, and has been for months. I like video games and I like don't mind exercise, but i find those fitness games BORING.)

efkelley
03-29-2010, 01:44 AM
I recall a ninja/yakuza type game that was reasonably energetic. Admittedly it's been an age since I used a Wii. And, alas, that game wasn't very good. :-\

Fulk
03-29-2010, 08:18 AM
I recall a ninja/yakuza type game that was reasonably energetic. Admittedly it's been an age since I used a Wii. And, alas, that game wasn't very good. :-\

I imagine you're talking about "Red Steel"? All the sword and gun action was controlled via wiimote, and fairly precisely. Red Steel 2 is coming out soon, and hopefully will be a lot better.

Beyond that, I don't know too many games like this. Mostly because this is precisely the sort of game that I have wanted for the Wii since its creation. I have been thoroughly disappointed.

tarcanus
03-29-2010, 11:43 PM
This topic makes me happy:

A) Because someone mentioned a Wii gathering dust

B ) Because the second I saw the thread title I thought "If this isn't a question involving LARPing, it isn't the nerdiest question ever," hahaha!

efkelley
03-30-2010, 02:31 AM
Indeed, LARPing approaches the summit of excessive geekery. :)

Yes, Red Steel was the game. Short, alas, and buggy, double alas. Perhaps the sequel will be better. I'll have to see if my friend still has her Wii.

CheekyWench
03-30-2010, 02:34 AM
I have nothing to add. But it would be really cool.

:D

/retired larp'er

Fulk
03-30-2010, 07:11 AM
As an added note, you shouldn't feel bad. My Wii is gathering dust as well. It's frustrating to me because ever since its release, I looked everywhere for one. They were selling like hot cakes, and then were harder to find when non-gamers became interested in it. I finally got one, and now I hardly if ever play it due to a lack of impressive games. (Brawl, Zelda, Mario, Metroid, and a few other gems not-withstanding...)

kaitie
03-30-2010, 07:24 PM
My PS3 is gathering dust...but that's because I'm a really bad duster. :D So's my TV, and my tabletop, and my floor, and my speakers...

defyalllogic
03-30-2010, 07:48 PM
i gave up and went back to playing wii fit while listening to audio books on my laptop. this week's selection: The Martian Chronicles.

though the idea of finding a way to LARP inside without talking to people is more like the saddest question ever...

(yay for fellow nerds!)