• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Melrose Books / Melrose Press

Proach

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deannasworks.synthasite.com
Has anyone heard of Melrose Publishing, or even had their book published with them? They are a publishing house located in the UK and they have been in operation since 1969.

They are a commission type publisher, in which, you the author pay them a fee to publish, edit, market, promote and distribute your book. Then, when your book sells, you get a 50% royalty on all books sold.

Has any of you published this way? If so, has your book been successful?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I presume you mean Melrose Books, not Melrose Publishing.

ETA: It's vanity, no more, no less.
Q: What is Commissioned Publishing?

A: Melrose Books is a pioneer of Commissioned Publishing. We work on the basis of a shared partnership between publisher and author. If we feel that a manuscript has sufficient merit and can be promoted successfully we will make an offer of publication. The author commissions us to publish their book by bearing a cost towards the publishing process. We are responsible for all overheads. We are experts in producing high-quality books and can fulfil every part of the publishing process from editing through to design, production, marketing, sales and distribution. As we have a vested interest in the success of your book we do our utmost to maximise its potential. Our authors receive 50% or more royalties on each book sale. Find out more here.

Last edited:

MickRooney

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.theindependentpublishingmagazine.com
Proach,

Only came across your post today. I did a review of their services last year. The 'commission' publishing program is as close as there is to old-style vanity publishing, and the comments posted by authors after the review about their experiences are not positive.

For your perusal.

http://mickrooney.blogspot.com/2009/04/melrose-books-reviewed.html