Apparently, this is where I put a title.

Ivan_B

of Rassilon
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm Ivan, I'm a full-time philosophy undergraduate currently based in Bristol, England, with an eye to writing children's fiction. I'm currently in talks with a publisher about the first of a series of funny children's fiction (9-12 years) and I hope for that to lead to something rather exciting, and if not then at least it'll have given me really good experience for my next attempt.

For now, though, hi. Hope to be engaging in some pretty erudite conversations with many of you in the coming weeks/months/years/eons.

If anybody wants a chat, why not message me? I bite, though, so watch your fingers.

Ivan

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi there, I'm Ivan, I'm a full-time philosophy undergraduate currently based in Bristol, England, with an eye to writing children's fiction. I'm currently in talks with a publisher about the first of a series of funny children's fiction (9-12 years) and I hope for that to lead to something rather exciting, and if not then at least it'll have given me really good experience for my next attempt.

For now, though, hi. Hope to be engaging in some pretty erudite conversations with many of you in the coming weeks/months/years/eons.

If anybody wants a chat, why not message me? I bite, though, so watch your fingers.

Ivan

Hi Ivan, and welcome to AW.

If you haven't done so already, make your way over to the Beware & Background Checks forum and check out that publisher, before you go any further. You can use the pulldown jump menu down below to navigate directly to Beware & Background Checks.

Enjoy your stay, and good luck with your writing.

~suki

Ivan_B

of Rassilon
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, but I've...you know...heard of this publisher. If i said who it was you'd say "Oh, ok, no need to check on that." Also, my agent sent it off to them, I've been in to meet them, and it's all legit.
But thanks for the concern, i know it's a horrible world out there.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, thanks, but I've...you know...heard of this publisher. If i said who it was you'd say "Oh, ok, no need to check on that." Also, my agent sent it off to them, I've been in to meet them, and it's all legit.
But thanks for the concern, i know it's a horrible world out there.

LOL. Cheers then. It's just so many people come on here, talking about their talks with a publisher, and we have to break the news that it's a scam. LOL.

Good luck. And welcome and enjoy your stay, anyway! :)

~suki

Ivan_B

of Rassilon
Registered
Reaction score
LOL. Cheers then. It's just so many people come on here, talking about their talks with a publisher, and we have to break the news that it's a scam. LOL.

Good luck. And welcome and enjoy your stay, anyway! :)

~suki

Yeah, i understand that it sounds like that, but as I say, I've been in for a meeting, had extended email contact, and it's definitely not a scam.

Thanks very much for the welcome! I hope to be contributing to the boards every time I have something interesting to say.

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Ivan.

I hope you enjoy your stay at the water cooler :D

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the watercooler :welcome:

Take a wander around the various forums, there's lots to see and lots to learn, and even some fun threads too (such as the Traditional Irish Pub and Question of the Day threads at the top of the Newbie forum)

Don't forget to read the newbie guide, and if you want to know what all the buttons mean check out this thread.

PoppysInARow

Book Reviewer y'all
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for flying AW.

The bottom of your chair can be used as a floatation device in case we crash in a body of water, and oxygen masks will drop from above if the cabin pressure changes. Please make sure you secure your own mask before assisting others.

We hope you enjoy your time aboard AW and have a pleasant visit.

CSMaster

The Lazy Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, this is where I welcome you.

Welcome.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
hello.gif

Ivan_B

of Rassilon
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, I feel more than welcome now.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW. Hope you enjoy your stay with us.
How do you like your popcorn?

If you go to the bottom of the page to the ‘forum jump’ you can scroll down and find all the areas of this place. Most of the SYW areas require the password of ….vista. Good luck.